I don't know if this has been posted before, but I haven't heard anyone complain about it. This is why I'm posting it now.

First off, I absolutely LOOOVE my iPhone. Almost everyday I look at it and say "oh wow, I love my phone". It is hands down the best thing I have ever owned (electronic wise).

Anyways, back to the reason I'm writting this.
    Two things that I think MUST be implemented into one of the next updates (anyone working at Apple, listen up). It bugs me when I'm playing a game, or am in any app for that matter, that when I get a text it pops up showing you the message (which I think is fantastic) and gives you 2 options, reply or close. Unless its an urgent text, I always hit close because I want to resume what I'm doing. Now when I hit close, the phone now counts that as reading it, and tells me I have no new texts, so I completely forget that I did have one...and later that night, while I'm going through my phone, I realized I never reply.
    Or if someones near me or playing with my phone, I hit close fast, and dont read it at all and definitely forget then.

I wish Apple would add a setting so you can choose what happens when you hit "Close". Keep as new, or mark as read.

Now,next thing up...if they can have the text pop up while you're doing ANYTHING on the phone (except during a call), why can't you reply right then, without having to close your application?? Just be able to hit reply, have a modified version of the text 'app', and a keyboard pop up from the bottom, text back, hit send...and resume what you were doing.

Does this not bug anyone else...?
    Do you think it would be a good implementation...?
    Perhaps make it so we can toggle on and off this feature as well.

I don't know...any thoughts on this?

Also, what else would you like changed besides the things you hear everyday (copy/paste, push, MMS, video recording, etc..etc). Everyone already knows all of these would be wonderful...but what about the little tweaks? The ones people just shrug their shoulders and pounder why its not there...but oh well.
    What about theeeem?

The iPhone is everything plus more...plus more. So I'm not here to complain about the phone itself, you already I love it, I just want to know if other people would like this addition as well.
    12-02-2008 03:34 AM
    I think you are in the same boat as most of us. We are in a catch-22 because we love the iPhone but cant STAND some things about it. The issue of hitting "close" and the phone counting that as a read message is rather annoying. I have used almost every phone OS out there and one thing that Windows Mobile had down pat was options. There were so many different variables to choose from.

That being said yes I agree missing standards such as cut and paste, MMS etc are definite head slappers. The good news is Apple does firmware updates, sometime relevant and other times irrelevant. So lets wait and see.

But in the grand scheme of things isn't it a great marketing ploy? Its like selling someone a Ferrari but giving them the Honda engine with "an upgrade to come".
    12-02-2008 08:34 AM
    I've always thought a "quick reply" would be great. The original software would keep a text as unread when you hit close. Somewhere along 1.x they changed that. It was waaay more annoying to have to open the SMS app to clear the badge of a text you already saw. But the ability to send a quick reply and close the popup would be perfect.

I'd also like to see an option for the home button's double click to open up contact search (with keyboard pulled up) instead of favorites. Let the user decide which they prefer. Or maybe add triple click to the home button like they did to the headphones??
    12-04-2008 11:25 PM
    themes without jailbreaking.
    12-12-2008 09:05 AM
    Though these things would be great, I understand the implementation of certain things may yield more glitches/bugs.

For example... Apple knows that sms to landscape is wanted, but look at the devices that do it now. It's glicthy/buggy or slow.

Options... Apple doesn't like to have too many options. The point of the device is to be as user friendly as possible. Look at windows mobile... I am "nerd" if you must say when it comes to devices, but I dislike winslow with a passion. Too many options exist and it takes to long to certain places. On the Fuze, a youtube app exists, but they have that app hidden. On the iPhone, it's on the first screen by default.
    12-12-2008 09:29 AM
    After all that rambling, I forgot to say what would be nice...

Being able to delete some of the apps that come pre-installed. Using Parental Controls only works for certain apps like Youtube, but I never use Stocks or Weather and would love to remove them.
    12-12-2008 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD