iphone and multiple email accounts

redealmaker

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I left the darkside(BB) yesterday after many years of use. I loved my Blackberrys and never thought I would ever use anything else. We'll my BB Curve died and based on friends recommendations I picked up an iphone. I am a heavy business user and i use my phone for 70% calls 20% email and 10% web surfing. So FAR I LOVE this thing and can't see going back to the dark side. I have a few questions about the email though.

1. I have a gmail account and all is going well. My question is that on my BB it would only get new messages from that day. My iphone is pulling all the messages that I have on the gmail server. So if I delete a bunch of messages it goes and gets more from the server so I am always getting a tone of new messages popping up. Is there a setting to alleviate this?

2. On my BB I could choose to delete messages older than 15, 30 days etc. Can I set the iphone up the same way?

Please help as this is driving me nuts and I haven't even had my it guy set up Exchange yet which will make it even worse!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
1. I have a gmail account and all is going well. My question is that on my BB it would only get new messages from that day. My iphone is pulling all the messages that I have on the gmail server. So if I delete a bunch of messages it goes and gets more from the server so I am always getting a tone of new messages popping up. Is there a setting to alleviate this?

2. On my BB I could choose to delete messages older than 15, 30 days etc. Can I set the iphone up the same way?

Please help as this is driving me nuts and I haven't even had my it guy set up Exchange yet which will make it even worse!

Gmail should only get the last 50 messages (by default). So yeah, if you delete some new ones it might grab a few old ones. This is under settings > mail and then the first line under the accounts it says "Show". I believe this is the only setting for the IMAP / POP accounts like gmail.

For exchange the connection you don't do it by number of messages, but how many days, weeks, or months you want to go back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711