I have lost my audible keyboard clicks. Without them I lose some of what little tactile response there is when typing text into notes. Not sure if related but it happened within about 5 days of upgrading my almost new 3G to 2.2. I get sound through the speaker in other apps. I tried turning off keyboard clicks and turn back on in settings for sound, I tried turning off iPhone power and restart, iPhone reset, and restore. Nothing brings my clicks back.

Has anyone experienced this problem?
    11-30-2008 12:57 PM
    I gottem back. After trying to do it the hard way first I found that I had left the Ring/Silent switch to off position. Dumb mistake but I am entitled to a few of those since this thing is new to me.

Thanks for the availability of this great forum.

:o
    11-30-2008 01:31 PM
    Ha! I made the same mistake a while back when I first got it.

It's all good.
    11-30-2008 01:55 PM
    When I first got the iphone i had trouble getting it to go to silent mode...i'd make sure the volume was all the way down, however in class, i could still hear the soft ringing of my iphone...
    Stupid-me, i had forgotten about the silent-switch on the side..
    11-30-2008 08:08 PM
    My discovery that iPhone silences the keyboard clicks when I switch off the ringer means that I can operate in quiet environments like the library or classroom, without annoying others with rings or keyboard clicks. This is achieved with the flick of one switch that silences not just the rings but other operational sounds as well.

Good idea.
    12-02-2008 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD