Hi,

Does anyone know how to develop Iphone/Itouch application using Windows PC?

Thanks,
    11-29-2008 09:43 AM
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to develop Iphone/Itouch application using Windows PC?

Thanks,
    You can't. You would need to do some hack to run macOSX on virtual PC. It can be done, but it sounded like a pain in the *** so I just bought a macbook
    11-29-2008 11:02 AM
    Dizzy's response is not exactly true. Try "antirez.com/page/iPhone-gcc-guide.HTML".

You will also need to install openSSH on the iPhone and the following on the pc:
    Bitvise Tunnelier

Total Commander 7.04a

I also use Notepad++ on the pc. This allows me to edit the source directly on the iPhone.

I don't have 10 posts on this forum so not allowed to enter URL's --Stupid-- so you will need to google the above items.

Good luck
    11-29-2008 12:19 PM
    I know the above solution does not give wysiwyg and smacks of the old DOS command line days of development but it does work.
    11-29-2008 12:24 PM
    Dizzy's response is not exactly true. Try "antirez.com/page/iPhone-gcc-guide.HTML".

You will also need to install openSSH on the iPhone and the following on the pc:
    Bitvise Tunnelier

Total Commander 7.04a

I also use Notepad++ on the pc. This allows me to edit the source directly on the iPhone.
    Wow, that sounds more complicated and annoying than just doing the virtual machine hack, and then you don't have to jailbreak.

I don't have 10 posts on this forum so not allowed to enter URL's --Stupid-- so you will need to google the above items.
    Not stupid at all. It sucks for you for a little bit, but the bots are out of control and without this it would be a lot worse for everyone. Just make a few good post and soon enough you will be able to post URLs
    11-29-2008 01:13 PM
    Never thought about the bot problem but makes sense.Still a hassel though as I don't post to any forum a lot. tks
    11-29-2008 01:22 PM
    The advantage to this method is that all the dev is done directly on the IPhone itself. No hassle with transfering the app to the phone. Don't have to buy any software/hardware if you are a PC user.

Disadvantage - might break the phone and have to reinstall the ipsw.
    11-29-2008 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD