Help! How close is iPhone v3?

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment and I need some help.

I can go out tomorrow and buy an iPhone but Im worried that with only 2 months before Macworld the iPhone may be updated. The problem is that I've been patiently waiting since January to get an iPhone and its going to be really hard to wait another 2 months!

So should I suck it up for a little longer or finally get the iPhone I've wanted?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The only update in the next few months, if there is one, will probably only be an upgrade to 32GB. So if thats really important you might want to wait.

But then again if you wait another 2 or 3 months you will start thinking that you should wait for the next big update the third gen model (no, not 3g cell service, i mean like the 3rd one).

If you really want one you should just get it, might be able to get it at a good price with all the sales going on

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Technology will always change... buy a iPhone and deal with it later.

Ha ha nice one! :)

Another thing that I have been thinking is that I live in South Africa and the iPhone 3G was only released here about 5 weeks ago so I was thinking if there were to be an update then it would also take a while to filter all the way to deepest darkest africa?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ha ha nice one! :)

Another thing that I have been thinking is that I live in South Africa and the iPhone 3G was only released here about 5 weeks ago so I was thinking if there were to be an update then it would also take a while to filter all the way to deepest darkest africa?

It's going to happen no matter how you look at it. So why not enjoy what is currently available? ;)

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking we will probably get the next version in June/July- makes sense right!? Rumors are that it could be an "iPhone HD"- friggin -a whatever it is I can't wait to stand in line all night to get one!

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll upgrade to iPhone III when it comes out but I'm not waiting in line like I did for the 3G (got enough razzing for that one ;)) - if I have to wait a few months (I'm sure it'll sell out in the first week) before getting my hands on generation III, so be it.

Of course, I'm saying that NOW...with all the hype the next iPhone will get, you never know...;)

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Not disagree with anyone here, but in the UK first gen iPhone came out five months after it did in the US, but the 3G came out on the same day. None of us know what will happen next time of course :)

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Update!

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday I went out and finally purchased the iPhone. I must say I had some doubts about using it but I love it! :D

I cant see the problems that everyone has with using the keyboard (granted a landscape keyboard would be great!) the auto-correction works perfectly and with a bit more practice I'm sure I could get my typing speed back to normal.

Anyway thanks for the help & I'm glad that I can now be a part of this community! :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just wanted to let you know that yesterday I went out and finally purchased the iPhone. I must say I had some doubts about using it but I love it! :D

I cant see the problems that everyone has with using the keyboard (granted a landscape keyboard would be great!) the auto-correction works perfectly and with a bit more practice I'm sure I could get my typing speed back to normal.

Anyway thanks for the help & I'm glad that I can now be a part of this community! :)

Glad you took the chance, you won't regret it...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'll upgrade to iPhone III when it comes out but I'm not waiting in line like I did for the 3G (got enough razzing for that one ;)) - if I have to wait a few months (I'm sure it'll sell out in the first week) before getting my hands on generation III, so be it.

Of course, I'm saying that NOW...with all the hype the next iPhone will get, you never know...;)

The trick is to start an apple dedicated blog site so that when you are standing in line like a crazy person it's "for the website"...thats what i do.

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Bad News!

Today I had to return my brand new (not even three days old) iPhone. I noticed that I had a dead pixel, in the bottom left had corner in the phone icon, as well as dust under the centre of the screen. :(

Hopefully Vodacom (the South African cell company that sells them) will give me a replacement. The customer care guy said it will take a week for it to be processed & only then can I receive a replacement. I loved it over the past few days I don't regret buying it at all but I can't justify paying all that money and there is something wrong with the screen.

I was wondering if anyone has an iPhone that doesn't have any dead pixels? I have a 1G Touch and it has two so I really hope that I get my replacement & it has no problems... :(

Last edited:

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Sturamsden, I've had my iPhone since launch day and I've never had the dead pixel problem. I really have only heard this complaint a couple of times, so your replacement should be fine. I don't think it's a common occurance.