Well bored looking for something to write on my apple blog I stumbled upon this article on Daring Fireball Daring Fireball Linked List: Better Dead Than Red, I Say

It's John Gruber's response to an article on Macworld Review: BlackBerry Storm 9500 | Macworld on the new Storm.

I believe the question in Gruber's comments on the article really sums up how I feel about the iPhone Copy & Paste situation:

"Would the iPhone be better with more but poorly-designed features?"

Just having a feature to have more features or to fill a hole of a useful feature with a thrown together solution simply is not a good idea. I believe when apple does get to this it will actually be nice enough that people will use it without "driving you mad.
    11-26-2008 01:08 PM
    For me, copy and paste is over rated. I came from many palm and wm devices and have not missed that feature one bit. Again, that is just my take on it. When it's ready, Apple will include it.
    11-26-2008 01:12 PM
    For me, copy and paste is over rated. I came from many palm and wm devices and have not missed that feature one bit. Again, that is just my take on it. When it's ready, Apple will include it.
    Yeah, I see that it could be useful, but personally I've been on the side of telling people to get over it. I guess it's easier for me since I'm not "waiting" for it to come out. I'm just trying to let those who are waiting know that it will be worth it...especially now compared to what RIM has thrown out there.
    Last edited by Justin; 11-26-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    11-26-2008 01:14 PM
    I hear you on that.
    11-26-2008 01:15 PM
    There's been times when I could've used it, but thousands more times when I didn't need it. I do site edits with caravan where one would think copy/paste was a necessity... but I get by fine without it. I'm grateful that I CAN even edit my sites on a mobile device.

I bet whenever Apple DOES add it, it'll kick azzz like everything else they do.
    11-26-2008 04:17 PM
    Copy and paste on the Storm was such a hassle that I often found myself typing everything all over again.
    11-26-2008 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD