Title says it all... I have a friend who lives and dies by Windows Mobile. I've compiled my reasons for sticking with the iPhone but I'm curious to see what else you guys can come up with. And don't get me wrong, Windows Mobile does have it's benefits, it has just been showing it's age lately. IMHO.

So lets see what you can come up with for me.

Thanks!
    11-26-2008 12:04 PM
    To answer quickly, I would tell that the iPhone is a very nice phone with some PDA functionality, while a WM phone is just the inverse. To be more exact, I love Windows Mobile on my PDA with 4' screen (I had a Hx4700 and I continue to use an iPAQ 210); because they can really be a temporary laptop substitute (especially when complemented with a Bluetooth keyboard like the iGO). I was not really able to use PDA functions on my Hermes's very small screen (this is one of the reasons for which I have switched to iPhone). Safari is also a very good browser in comparison with pocketIE or even Opera WM. I can give a more developed view if necessary.

Murat
    11-26-2008 03:23 PM
    I just don't have the time or inclination to work that hard anymore. The iPhone does enough of what I need with drop-dead easiness, that WM becomes inefficient for me. Plus, it really does look like Win98 in Vista wallpaper these days

Round Robin: TiPb vs. Palm Treo Pro Video Preview! | The iPhone Blog
    11-26-2008 04:22 PM
    I just don't have the time or inclination to work that hard anymore. The iPhone does enough of what I need with drop-dead easiness, that WM becomes inefficient for me. Plus, it really does look like Win98 in Vista wallpaper these days

Round Robin: TiPb vs. Palm Treo Pro Video Preview! | The iPhone Blog
    That little rant is priceless in your video...
    11-26-2008 04:47 PM
    What iPhone OS does right: Beautiful, intuitive interface. No stinkin' menus. Integration with iTunes & the App store. What I like about iPhone hardware: Functional, minimalist design.

What WinMob OS does right: Multitasking. Cut & paste, MMS, videocamera & Today screen. What I like about WinMob hardware: Removeable battery.

The winner: The iPhone! Yay! All of that software stuff that WinMob can do has been proven fixable by software updates (albeit on jailbroken phones only for now), and I can live with the battery life I have now because I have multiple chargers and charge every chance I get (& WinMob doesn't necessarily have better battery life, just the ability to swap batteries when the one you have running dies on you).
    11-26-2008 09:28 PM
    I thought I'd get more people in here sticking up for their iPhone! Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else want to chime in?
    11-27-2008 10:29 AM
    I like both, but from a usability standpoint, I prefer the iPhone. One word - Stability. I feel the iPhone's OS is more stable than WinMo's when it comes to 3rd party applications. Where as WinMo's programs are not limited by the NDA and App store like the iPhone, I would take the stability of the iPhone everyday.
    11-28-2008 11:43 AM
    I like both, but from a usability standpoint, I prefer the iPhone. One word - Stability. I feel the iPhone's OS is more stable than WinMo's when it comes to 3rd party applications. Where as WinMo's programs are not limited by the NDA and App store like the iPhone, I would take the stability of the iPhone everyday.
    WM users will disagree with you, but would you expect anything besides that? I agree with you. What really has me stumped is how some people claim the iPhone is a "stop and go" phone. That is something I'd expect to hear from a first time user. And that can go for any new device. For me WM is the slowest OS out there. The past 2 months I've had the BB Bold and HTC Fuze. It was my first BB but not my first WM device. Hands down the iPhone beats both at speed. There are way too many steps with the BB - there are some shortcuts sure but over all just a pain to me. You are ALWAYS hitting the BB button which became a hassle. Good example was to simply send a text. You could just not hit a simple keyboard button like enter. You had to hit the BB button, then scroll down to hit send. Just not very convenient. As for the Fuze, the TouchFlo 3D looks nice, but seemed to me like it slowed everything down. In the end it was just a nice way to disguise a ugly OS.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 11-28-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    11-28-2008 12:13 PM
    Mostly it's the UI, browser and media. That and it's not locked to Windows.
    11-28-2008 01:26 PM
    The friend sounds like another Apple-hater who'd rather go down with his ship than face defeat. I've known many over the years.
    11-29-2008 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD