Problem explained here

hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=367566#post367566

Kindly HELP!!!

Last edited:

bmn#IM

Nov 3, 2008
www.bugmenot.com
[No Solution Yet]Blank IMEI,Blank ICCID, Blank ModemFirware - Please help

There we go.Hopefully,I explain my situation clearly.
I got this iphone from one of my friend. He said he couldn't work it out and I thought I could (how foolish). So the problem is, there is no IMEI,no ICCID and no WIFI. And I keep of getting, the "Repair needed-cannot make or receive calls" message.Iphone was on 2.0.2 firware.
Following are "Solutions tried" and the "Result obtained"
Solutions tried 1:-
I tried to restore/downgrade to 1.1.4
Result obtained for 1:-
The restoring process got stuck at the message "Restoring firware". So, I just pulled the usb plug after 40min.Now I am stuck with "Itunes-usb arrow" logo.

Solutions tried:-
Whenever I try to restore/downgrade to any (I have tried 1.1.4,1.1.3,1.0.2) i either have one of the following things:-
-> Itunes get stuck at "Restoring Firmware". It takes ages with NO sucess
-> Sometimes, the restoring/downgrading process ends up quickly with an error message "20"

Solutions tried 3:-
I tried the process in
hackint0sh.org/forum/show...ghlight=anysim too but,
in Phase 1 Step 4, the App Installer gets stuck with message "Execute: iphonecomme.exe" and in cmd it gets stuck with message "entering recovery mode". So, I just pulled it and tried going further but to no success.

Solutions tried 4:-
Ended up with same problem when I tried this too :- hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13255

Solutions tried 5:-
Tried using winpwn
Result obtained for 5:-
Same as 1

Solutions tried 6:-
Tried using Kiphone
Result obtained for 6:-
Nothing changed

Some useful information for you guys about my situation
->I am using windows XP
->Itunes 7.5
->Iphone 4gb (helpful?)
->While using iLiberty when I ticked it to downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank, it said somewhere that the bootloader version is 3.9_M3S2.
->Currently, I am in 1.1.4 firmware with no/very less SIGNAL, no IMEI, no ICCID no modem firware with no/low signal.

Please HELP ME!!! I have spend 3 days(NOT BULL****TING)and still can't find answer. Please help!!!

NOTE:- When helping,kindly give instructions by keeping in mind that the reader (i.e., me) know very less than you. So, please be very clear.No offence!

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sounds like someone who does not know what they were doing tried unlocking/jailbreaking and now you have a paperweight on your hands. That whole error message the phone is giving you "Repair needed-cannot make or receive calls"... not good.

I could be wrong but I don't think I am, it's hosed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not fixable by me, you, anyone else but Apple. And Apple would probably tell you that you are out of luck. It's obvious someone was hacking it.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Darrell Bray

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
I've got a serious issue with an Iphone I just got on craigslist (silly me). Is there really no way to salvage it?

Edit: Meant to say, what appears to be the same problem :D

DBray
Voip
VOIP PBX

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen