So the more I have been using my iphone since upgrading to 2.2 I have noticed some different behaviors.
    1) Loss of AM/PM on lock screen (This seems to normal as I am not the only one who noticed this)
    2) The phone now seems to be having trouble locating my position in areas it never seemed have a problem Like when I am at work it cannot find my location when it used to not have any problems at all
    3) 3G seems to override my home WiFi now, so much so that I have to disable 3G to reliable stay connected to my WiFi even though I am physically like 2 feet from my wireless router.
    Any one else notice things like this??
    11-25-2008 02:00 PM
    Negative, you may benefit from a restore.
    11-25-2008 02:09 PM
    Negative, you may benefit from a restore.
    WTF if that is the case it will be my like 4th restore in freaking 1.5 months...
    11-25-2008 02:19 PM
    When updating firmware sometimes it's best to start from scratch instead of restoring a old backup file to the new firmware. Just my opinion.
    11-25-2008 02:20 PM
    When updating firmware sometimes it's best to start from scratch instead of restoring a old backup file to the new firmware. Just my opinion.
    I find this hard to believe that I would need a clean phone... I have 17 apps installed and the phone is linked to 3 e-mail accounts, and two calendars I havent even put my music on it yet I would hardly say I am taxing at all right now

A friend of mine with an 3G iphone also has noticed some odd behavior also... His signal strength is all over the place now and bounces between 3G and EDGE when it used to be stable.
    11-25-2008 02:36 PM
    I find this hard to believe that I would need a clean phone... I have 17 apps installed and the phone is linked to 3 e-mail accounts, and two calendars I havent even put my music on it yet I would hardly say I am taxing at all right now

A friend of mine with an 3G iphone also has noticed some odd behavior also... His signal strength is all over the place now and bounces between 3G and EDGE when it used to be stable.
    I never said that was your problem. But you need to troubleshoot... but hey, I don't know anything. Good luck...
    11-25-2008 02:38 PM

you might be surprised what a fresh restore could do. like ash said, its all part of the troubleshooting process.
    11-25-2008 03:14 PM
    Ok so I did a restore... clean phone nothing on it... I am sitting next to my wireless router, and it still wants to connect to 3G rather than the router... it keeps swapping back and forth. Walked around the house and the same thing is happening...
    11-25-2008 08:32 PM
    you should check that it's getting a valid IP address
    11-26-2008 12:23 AM
    you should check that it's getting a valid IP address
    It has a valid IP address, so I am puzzled... Will have to play around with it more this afternoon... Maybe it is an issue with my router, but my laptop works OK with it, and prior to the upgrade it worked fine...so I don't know...
    11-26-2008 09:20 AM
    Well My WiFi is now working as it should, no idea why is started to work again. Maybe it was my router, who knows...

Anyway I noticed another odd problem. I was typing a text message last night, and noticed when I pressed the "E", it did not "pop up" like the rest... it typed the letter, but would not "pop-up" meaning get larger on the screen... It stayed like this until I created a new message...
    12-01-2008 08:28 AM
    Yes,I get this problem from time to time, for different letters but it is quite rare.
    Murat
    12-01-2008 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD