Since 2.2 I can not play ripped movies on my iphone

tvartboy

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced problems playing movies after 2.2?

Movies of my own that i have created are fine but anything that i ripped using handbrake and meta x do not play.

They copy over fine but it says "This movie could not be played".

Is anyone else experiencing this? Did apple add some kind of copy write protection?

I restored and are still getting the same results.

Any help would be great. thanks.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'll test this when I get home. What settings did you use when you ripped from Handbrake? I'll try to duplicate as much as possible.

tvartboy

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
thanks.

my settings are based off the iphone preset.

i only change these settings.

720 pixels wide
1500 average bit rate
deinterlace "slow"

oh, then i update the meta info using metax.

thanks, again.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
D'oh! Mine are all ripped for AppleTV, which is too big for the iPhone. I'll re-rip something tonight and check it out.

I'm using the brand new release of Handbrake, so we'll see if that makes a difference as well...

tvartboy

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
it's weird. i have never had a problem until 2.2 came out.

i have over 200 gigs of movies backed up.

i/m not sure which one would be the worst scenario, apple changed the codec or apple now not allowing ripped movies.

thanks again for looking into this.

michael

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problem.

I checked my one large movie I have on my iPhone (Zeitgeist Addendum), and it plays fine. I believe I used MediaCoder to convert the original Quicktime file into a file for iTunes.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I used Xilisoft several months ago to make Cars for my iPhone. It played then and it still plays now... fw2.2 AT&T 3G.

Sorry you are having problems.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
tvartboy, are these movies that were already present on your iPhone when you updated to 2.2? Because my movies that I ripped from DVD would no longer play after 2.2 either. I deleted them from the iPhone and re-synced them from iTunes... they play fine now.

My movies that were simply converted from Quicktime (as MrEClass mentioned) weren't ever a problem. Are these movies you're having problems with DVD rips only?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner