Picture ID Different Sizes????

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
So here is my dilemma. I have assigned pictures (as many of us have) to contacts to display when called or when they call us. The pictures appear like this:
344493204.jpg

However. I recently added a contact through the "Whos Here" app and when I dial the contact the picture displays like this:
344493200.jpg

I guess this is more of a question then a dilemma. I actually prefer the smaller pic with my background in the back. Does anyone know how to "select" this option? Or a workaround to get the ID pic to show up either big or small depending on your preference.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried resizing the picture before assigning it to a contact? Not tried this myself but I know you get asked to set zoom and position.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
That doesnt work....the picture still shows as a full wallpaper the picture is just smaller/worse quality.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The only time you will get the full size picture is when you do it through the iPhone itself or mobileme. If you use something else, say exchange, you get the small pictures. No way around this.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, in the options in iTunes you will see the option to sync with outlook. I don't use outlook at all so I've never tried it. But I'm sure it works. ;)

efjmiller

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash - thanks for the information; I am confused, however, about incomming calls. Is there a way to change the display for incomming calls to match what is shown on tv commercials?

thanks again

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bad Ash - thanks for the information; I am confused, however, about incomming calls. Is there a way to change the display for incomming calls to match what is shown on tv commercials?

thanks again

Yes, just do what I mentioned earlier in this thread. You will get the small picture on incoming and outgoing calls. You have to add your contact pictures within outlook or whatever you are using to sync contacts with. Then sync to the iPhone. If you assign a picture to a contact on the iPhone, you will get the full screen image no matter what.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox