AppStore question

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello,
My question concerns the functioning of the AppStore, rather than a soft in particular. I am new to iP and to the forums, so if this is not the correct forum, please guide me (I have checked the names of other forums but none seems to concern the AppStore).
A few days ago, I have installed 4 free and one payed applications from the AS. Then, yesterday, the AS application on the iP has told me that there updates available. I have clicked the Get All updates button but now I have received a mail telling me that I have been charged because the update was concerned a payed application (OneDisk from Readdle, BTW). I have been charged the full price of the application, without any warning. I am doubly surprised: by the fact the update was costing (moreover the full price), and by the fact that I have been charged without any warning. Is this the normal functioning of the AppStore?

Murat

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
That's weird. You shouldn't have had to pay for the update. Were you upgrading the app while logged into the same iTunes account that you originally purchased the app with?

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I have only one account. Your message is reassuring. Thank you ! Should I try to contact the support of the store?

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I gave the app a check in the AppStore and it appears that it is a Paid app. So either you had to have bought it already (perhaps by mistake) or there was some sort of glitch.

If you are absolutely sure you did not purchase it and forgot you had or maybe by accident and did not notice it-you can try contacting the developer: ReaddleSupport

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
iTunes team has answered my question. They tell that I have been charged only once, during the first purchase. It was an error of interpretation on my side. I have received a new bill by mail after having updated the apps and I have thought that they were recharging but it was just a summary of all my past purchases. They told me to check my bank account and contact them if there was a double-charge. All in all they have been very helpful and reactive.
I am sorry that I have bothered you with a false problem. I am learning new ways... thanks to these very useful forums and to you all!

Best regards,

Murat

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear your problem is solved! :) your questions are always welcome by me so feel free to stick around and ask more or just chat with us.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2