I was just thinking: I still stand by my opinion that the 3G and the Bold are the 2 best phones out there but I think there's at least one area where the iPhone really has a huge advantage: the Apps store. Apple has set up such a simple, easy system, that even the most tech-retarded users (such as myself) can download apps (like cooking apps, movie times, radio station streaming apps, etc) with the press of a button. This allows you to really accessorize your iPhone with lots of nifty, useful 3rd-party apps. Brilliant on Apple's part.

I don't believe RIM (or anyone else for that matter) has something that even comes close to the Apps store - except for the G1/Android maybe?

Just thought I'd reiterate this point for anyone sitting on the fence between a Blackberry or an iPhone.
    Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 11-30-2008 at 09:14 PM.
    11-30-2008 09:09 PM
    iPhone handles emails just as well (if not better) than the BB, end of story
    12-01-2008 12:10 AM
    Now while there were things about the BB that I didn't like, there are some things that the Blackberry does very well though.

a) Its a fantastic phone. Great RF, clear calls, no drops, and real keys so dial without looking (like when you're driving - not that I condone driving and talking on the phone)
    b) speaking of driving, you can also program the shortcut key to launch voice dial so if you're in the car a lot you just hit the voice dial key, say the name and it dials for you. No need to take your eyes off the road
    c) of course while driving you should always use a bluetooth headset and the BB's have a rock solid bluetooth stack. The headset & phone have never lost their pairing. The iPhone is ok, but its lost the pairing once or twice
    d) With real keys you can answer the phone or dial with gloved hands in winter (not possible with the iPhone though if you have a sharp enough chin it works to hit the answer button)
    e) Many BBs have a rubberized casing on the back/sides so its not as slippery to hold when you fish it out of your pocket
    f) When you're on the road and run out of battery you can easily pop in a replacement. If you don't have a replacement, it charges via a standard mini USB which is available almost everywhere. I use my RAZR charger or the miniUSB cord for my digicam to charge from the PC
    g) The BB is designed as a one-handed device. Other than typing (which you can do slowly with one hand) you never have to use 2 hands.
    h) If you are an IM (instant messaging) addict the BB is fantastic. Using either the free IM clients from RIM or BeeJive you can be connected 24x7. It runs in the background too.
    Last edited by minimo3; 12-01-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    12-01-2008 11:08 AM
    Haha guys guys giver her some time...she is obviously in that "I-just-got-my-iPhone-and-cannot-stop-playing-with-it-and-trying-all-its-awesome-features" mode like we were when we first got our iPhone
    WELL GUYS/GALS.....I have come to break the news.....MrEClass was right! I chose the Iphone and am VERY VERY VERY happy that I chose it! Even with a newborn in the house I am addicted to my darn phone! I love the app store!

I have not used the phone for work email YET but I have used it for personal emaill and am very happy with it.

Questions for users:
    1- WHAT APP TO USE FOR POWERPOINT, WORD, AND EXCEL?
    2- ANYONE USE A PROGRAM FOR VIDEOS??? LIKE WMV FILES?
    3- ANYONE FIND A CONTACTS MANAGER PROGRAM, IE-PERSONAL CONTACT, WORK CONTACT

Thank you to EVERYONE for all your advice. So far I feel I have made the right decision and probably won't look back until there is a new Iphone!
    12-02-2008 08:39 PM
    Questions for users:
    1- WHAT APP TO USE FOR POWERPOINT, WORD, AND EXCEL?
    I know word docs open by default, not sure about powerpoint and excel.
    12-02-2008 08:58 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD