• Using a computer

0 0%
  • Using the AC adapter

11 100.00%
  • Using a car lighter

0 0%
  • Solar power!

0 0%
    If you only have 30 minutes to charge your iPhone, which is the best way to go?
    11-22-2008 06:26 PM
    i think!:o
    11-22-2008 06:42 PM
    Ac adapter is the way to go.
    11-22-2008 09:44 PM
    Use the car charger while you drive. Get places and charge at the same time. Productivity wins!
    11-23-2008 07:23 AM
    Definitely AC if you have the opportunity.
    11-23-2008 06:15 PM
    I tested my USB on my PC vs outlet and outlet was faster for a full charge.

11-23-2008 06:24 PM
    I would have to say AC charger because when I charge my iPhone to my laptop it seems to charge so much slower...seems to at least.

According to dizzy though, after 30 minutes there is only a 10% charge difference.

By the way, dizzy, how did you go about testing the two against each other?
    11-23-2008 06:49 PM
    I would have to say AC charger because when I charge my iPhone to my laptop it seems to charge so much slower...seems to at least.

According to dizzy though, after 30 minutes there is only a 10% charge difference.

By the way, dizzy, how did you go about testing the two against each other?
    I drained the battery until it was 100% dead. Then just plugged it in the wall and checked it every 5 mins. I'm not jailbroken so the % charge was based on my best guess as to what the battery was showing as I didn't have a digital 75% to look at. Then did the same thing on USB. Not 100% scientific, but tried to do the best I could. Would be cool with someone that has a jailbroken phone to try to get a more detail chart.

I think the main thing is that as a battery gets more full the voltage difference is less so the flow of charging slows down. So when on the wall outlet their is more available power so after 80% it can still keep up. I kind of think of it as when you fill up your car tires with a little pump...it will start to get louder and heat up the more inflated the tire becomes as it's harder and harder to add that next little bit of air.

At some point I will probably test this again and compare to my earlier results.

Test Notes:
    - iPhone on and in 3g mode
    - iPhone not being used for any data usage or phone calls during charge
    - iPhone periodically checked for charge by pressing the home button
    - iPhone charged from completely dead battery
    Last edited by Justin; 11-23-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    11-23-2008 07:42 PM
    Ah OK I had an idea that is how you went about it.

I have a jailbroken 2G iPhone but do not think I'll be draining my battery anytime soon to test the AC vs. USB charge
    11-23-2008 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD