Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 3000 - And UP

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I did the math Bad Ash, that's 20 texts an hour (assuming you slept 8 hours a night, maybe assuming too much?)! Me, I call more often than I text, & rarely go over my allotted 200.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I did the math Bad Ash, that's 20 texts an hour (assuming you slept 8 hours a night, maybe assuming too much?)! Me, I call more often than I text, & rarely go over my allotted 200.

Like I said, that was a one time deal but you are right. There was a LOT of texting going on that month. Trust me, it's possible. :eek:

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
So let me see if I've got this straight...

The telephone was invented because speaking made communicating faster and easier. Then texting came along because typing made communicating faster and easier. Now people want Voice SMS and voice IMs because speaking makes communicating faster and easier.

Okay, I think I got it now.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
hahaha I don't always understand it myself Stevie but I still do it...more often than I talk on the phone--during the week at least.

On the weekends talking to the wifey and family it's phone for sure
:rolleyes:

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad you found it humorous because that's all that was intended. I hope nobody gets the idea that I'm anti-SMS, because I'm not. I find it very useful for messages such as "running late," "call me," or other "quick and to the point" messages, as Ash put it, when calling is simply a waste of time. But to have lengthy back and forth conversations? Sorry, but I don't believe 1,000 texts per month has anything to do with being born to text, or being young. I really believe it has more to do with gadget fascination, myself.

Whatever your preference is... just enjoy! :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm glad you found it humorous because that's all that was intended. I hope nobody gets the idea that I'm anti-SMS, because I'm not. I find it very useful for messages such as "running late," "call me," or other "quick and to the point" messages, as Ash put it, when calling is simply a waste of time. But to have lengthy back and forth conversations? Sorry, but I don't believe 1,000 texts per month has anything to do with being born to text, or being young. I really believe it has more to do with gadget fascination, myself.

Whatever your preference is... just enjoy! :)

Sure age has something to do with it, and I'm not saying age alone. If you don't believe that I don't know what else to tell you. But like you said, whatever your preference is...
:rolleyes:

And if you look at the results of the poll so far... it's pretty even across the board.

Last edited:

Dieters Watch

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
for sure age has something to do with it. i'm a freshman in collage and most if not all my friends text more than they are on the phone. and if you ask any of my friends parents if they text message at all most of the time the answer is no. so to argue against that is kind of silly.

as for me i usually use well over 3000 a month.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
so are you saying age has nothing to do with it?

I'm saying that age has nothing to do with whether or not one is "capable of" or "born to" text 1,000 times or more a month. That's like saying that 7' white men aren't born to play pro basketball just because few of them do. I can type as fast on a mobile device as anyone (regardless of age) whom I personally know when I'm emailing or IM'ing, but choose not to text (or IM) with long, drawn-out conversations where speaking is more convenient for me. That's all.

If you're asking me whether younger people text more than older people do, the answer is "of course," everyone knows that. They're more fascinated with modern gadgets than older people are (I believe I already made that point).

In this thread, we were asked how much we SMS, and how we have adapted to the iPhone keypad. I simply answered the question. I'm not going to argue with you about which is better. If one wants to SMS back and forth with long extensive conversations rather than speaking on the phone, than go for it. Just don't claim that 1,000 or more of those texts consist of "quick" messages to hundreds of different people due to inconvenience or inability to speak because that's just a crock that no one here could mathematically explain unless they were insane (which I doubt anyone here is).

And while asking your friend's parents if they text, also ask them if they sit for several hours playing video games. I'm sure you'll get a similar response... (and I'm sorry to say, it speaks volumes) :rolleyes:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm saying that age has nothing to do with whether or not one is "capable of" or "born to" text 1,000 times or more a month. That's like saying that 7' white men aren't born to play pro basketball just because few of them do. I can type as fast on a mobile device as anyone (regardless of age) whom I personally know when I'm emailing or IM'ing, but choose not to text (or IM) with long, drawn-out conversations where speaking is more convenient for me. That's all.

If you're asking me whether younger people text more than older people do, the answer is "of course," everyone knows that. They're more fascinated with modern gadgets than older people are (I believe I already made that point).

In this thread, we were asked how much we SMS, and how we have adapted to the iPhone keypad. I simply answered the question. I'm not going to argue with you about which is better. If one wants to SMS back and forth with long extensive conversations rather than speaking on the phone, than go for it. Just don't claim that 1,000 or more of those texts consist of "quick" messages to hundreds of different people due to inconvenience or inability to speak because that's just a crock that no one here could mathematically explain unless they were insane (which I doubt anyone here is).

And while asking your friend's parents if they text, also ask them if they sit for several hours playing video games. I'm sure you'll get a similar response... (and I'm sorry to say, it speaks volumes) :rolleyes:

I think you took my quote of "born to text" a little to seriously. I respect everyones opinions on this forum. To each his own.

End of story. Time to move on.

Last edited: