• 3000 - And UP

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I hear a lot of people complain about the keyboard on the iPhone. I have learned to type faster on the iPhone than on any physical keyboard I've ever used. So we want to know, just exactly how many SMS messages you go thru a month. It can include incoming and outgoing...

I am a heavy texter and use anywhere from 3000-6000 a month on average. And the most I've used was 10,000... yes that is not a typo.

How about you?

Last edited:

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I considered myself a heavy texter at 1200 but you have more than doubled that. Wow. I have also gotten used to the keyboard and can type just as fast if not faster than on a physical keyboard. It took me about a month and a half to learn but it's all smooth now

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I text way more (300 so far this month) than I ever have. I find it very easy on the iPhone (although my last phone was a regular flip phone and not nearly as easy). I even prefer the portrait keyboard to the landscape version. In the landscape version, the keys are too far from each other and I find I make more mistakes.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Zero. That's why I have a "phone"... so I don't have to type like my ancestors did in the 1860s.

For emailing, I type a lot faster and more accurately in portrait mode than in landscape. Landscape requires too much thumb movement, and the rows are too close together. I don't know why people want it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Zero. That's why I have a "phone"... so I don't have to type like my ancestors did in the 1860s.

For emailing, I type a lot faster and more accurately in portrait mode than in landscape. Landscape requires too much thumb movement, and the rows are too close together. I don't know why people want it.

Texting is far easier to do with most people I know. Quick and to the point. Especially if the person I am texting is at work or in class. Just depends on the situation. Heck even my job uses texting a great deal to communicate. Generally it's the older folks who don't text as much... I'm sure this is not the case in all situations but yeah, I said *generally.

newtotipb

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
wow

Good question. I'm having a busy month if I text 70. I have an old BB for work and I can type much faster on the iphone. I didn't think I'd like it as well as I do. I really don't like the BB but the Storm does look sweet.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
...Quick and to the point. Especially if the person I am texting is at work or in class. Just depends on the situation...

Understood, and agreed. But I guess I just can't imagine anyone texting 1,000 times a month unless one is texting back and forth in lengthy conversations. Unless, of course, they're texting 500 different people per month. I'd SMS on occasion myself, but I don't feel it's worth $5 a month for as little as I'd use it, so I don't have it on my plan. I wish AT&T would let me use unused minutes for SMSs... I only use 200 of my 450 minutes per month. But I digress... :eek:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Understood, and agreed. But I guess I just can't imagine anyone texting 1,000 times a month unless one is texting back and forth in lengthy conversations. Unless, of course, they're texting 500 different people per month. I'd SMS on occasion myself, but I don't feel it's worth $5 a month for as little as I'd use it, so I don't have it on my plan. I wish AT&T would let me use unused minutes for SMSs... I only use 200 of my 450 minutes per month. But I digress... :eek:

I literally have about 30 conversations sitting in my SMS app. While I will admit that a lot of my texting is to my girlfriend (on her iPhone), a lot is for work purposes as well. Some people were just not born to text. :p

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I literally have about 30 conversations sitting in my SMS app. While I will admit that a lot of my texting is to my girlfriend (on her iPhone), a lot is for work purposes as well. Some people were just not born to text. :p

I was born to text too. :)

dromero#IM

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
when I had my BB curve I was close to 9000 a month. With my iphone it has gone down to 1500 or so. I just can not get used to typing on the glass.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd say about 1,500 per month...regularly.

I'm only 6 days into my billing cycle and have approximately 801 used so far. OK, maybe I use more than that :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox