Emoji Japan ONLY?

nofussugs

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
Okay, I am probably the only dork who was looking forward to the possibility of using these cool pictograms in my email, but it looks as though Apple is supporting Japan-only users in the latest update. This was all I could find:

URL truncated -- see support.apple.com/kb/TS2404

Toward the bottom:

Not all customers can create and view Emoji. Emoji can only be sent from an iPhone running OS 2.2 with a SoftBank email account and a SoftBank SIM. Viewing Emoji on an iPhone requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later and a SoftBank SIM. Emoji cannot be sent from an iPhone running OS 2.1 or earlier.

Aarrgh!!! Does anyone know a workaround for this? Am I the only one disappointed that Apple isn't supporting this outside Japan? :(

Squampton

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
If only there was cut & paste, then I could send you all the emoji and you could save it!

Seriously though, emoji only works on my Softbank email account, not my Gmail. Also, if I send an emoji to a webmail account such as Gmail, the emoji only appears as the Softbank logo, a giant equals sign. Actually, I just sent one to my AU/KDDI cellphone and got the equals sign too :(

Maybe emoji is only Softbank to Softbank?

fozzieb#IM

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Can't believe they advertise this as a new feature when it is only available in one country.

I love my iPhone but I'm starting to get more annoyed by lack of basic functions, why can't i rotate my screen to type emails and text.....

nofussugs

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
Is there any way to obtain a softbank email address from the States? Apple could totally revolutionize emoji's acceptance outside Japan! I want emoji more than MMS!

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Is there any way to obtain a softbank email address from the States? Apple could totally revolutionize emoji's acceptance outside Japan! I want emoji more than MMS!

I'm hoping emoji never catches on outside of Japan, emoticons are bad enough. I guess I'm old and stuck in my ways, but words have always worked just fine for me.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Wow... 12x12 monochrome icons... that is so 1980's. Does the iPhone really have enough CPU power to handle the graphics load?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2