Hi,

I just bought an iPhone 3G v 2.1 and unlocked it through a turbo sim. I am facing a problem that after every 3-4 hours the EDGE/GPRS sign at the right of the carrier signal disappears & I am unable to use EDGE/GPRS on my phone then.

I have to reboot the device to get the EDGE/GPRS sign back and then an able to browse. I dont neither have 3G in my country nor wifi, so EDGE/GPRS is the only way to browse. Does any one has a solution for this. Is there any application or trick that could bring the EDGE/GPRS sign back again & get it working or any other solution for this ?

Please help!! Thanks.
    11-18-2008 02:12 PM
    If you haven't really modded the phone in any way then it sounds like it might simply be your service provider.

What country and what cellular network?
    01-24-2009 02:40 AM
    problem is with the turbo sim. I face the same problem. Even I am trying to figure out a solution.
    01-24-2009 07:06 AM
    Try replacing the TurboSim with another card and unlock during your jailbreak.

Maybe that will help. I don't know if it is possible for you to get another SIM, but you should definitely try that if possible.
    01-25-2009 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD