iPhone stolen....

ELS718

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone was recently stolen and I'm worried someone can get all the information I have stored inside. I did have a pass code enabled, but didnt have the feature enabled that erases all the data after 10 failed attempts. I guess my question is there ANY way someone will be able to access my information without my password? If they happen to jailbreak it will it erase the data on it?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I feel for you man, I really do. If a simple jailbreak is performed then no, the phone will not unlock. But if they do a restore then it's all clear, of course your information would be gone though. Sorry to hear about your phone.

ELS718

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
I feel for you man, I really do. If a simple jailbreak is performed then no, the phone will not unlock. But if they do a restore then it's all clear, of course your information would be gone though. Sorry to hear about your phone.

I actually want all the data erased...will they be able to see my pics, emails, etc. with a jailbreak or a restore?...thanks for your condolences, i had to shell out 400 to get a new one...ehhhh, that hurts.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Like I said, if they jailbreak the phone, it will still be locked with your information on it. If they do a full restore on iTunes, all of your information will be gone but they will be able to use the phone. Chances are the person who "stole" your phone has no clue as to what to do to get it working. And I say "stole" simply because I do not know the situation.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Also keep in mind going into a Apple store will not do anything for the person since the IMEI number is in your name and they need a valid AT&T number to go along with that. You are a AT&T customer correct?

ELS718

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Also keep in mind going into a Apple store will not do anything for the person since the IMEI number is in your name and they need a valid AT&T number to go along with that. You are a AT&T customer correct?

yes, yes i am...I called att the next day to have the phone service shut off. I now it have restored(my service that is)with a new iPhone, obviously. I had a lot of personal info. on my previous iphone, pics of my kids, account info.,etc. I could care less if they restore it, jailbreak it or whatever, i just dont want them to view any of my information...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW