What do you use?

What described the computer you use to sync

• I sync my iPhone with an Apple computer, and always will.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • I sync my iPhone with a PC computer, and don't foresee changing.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I used to have a PC, but I switched to an Apple after getting the iPhone.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have a PC, but am consider switching to an Apple.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so I am an ardent PC user, but the success of the iPhone 3G has got me wondering about people and their computer preferences. I am sure that plenty of PC and Apple users have iPhones, but I wonder if anyone has considered switching from a PC to an Apple because of the iPhone. I admit, I have considered getting my wife one of the mini-Mac computers to replace her aging machine, which would go nicely with her iPhone.

I assume there probably aren't any people who switched from an Apple to a PC due to the iPhone. :)

What about you?

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm actually someone who switched to a Mac after my first iPhone. Apple's customer service was so good to me and the product impressed me so much I dumped my PC and will never, ever, look back. World of difference.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I am one who uses a PC and now want a mac but can't swing for the money right now nor do I see in the future. :D What I mean is that I am a college grad and just can't for the life of me get hired for a career. So money is tight as usual. :mad:

mweglarz0

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
After getting an iPhone 3G i'm truly impressed by apples products. Now that I'll be going away to college in a year...I'll start to look at laptops next summer and really starting to think about a Mac. Although I'm totally new to their operating system, their laptops just seem more reliable..I mean i won't have to worry about a virus when i'm 2 hours aaway at college.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I've considered getting a Mac. It would be sweet to have as an addition to my Windows based PC's. It would not replace my Windows based PC's simply because, my work is in a Windows world. Windows is the standard and when you stray away from that standard in a business environment incompatibilities rear their head. Being at different customer sites every know and then I see someone with a Mac Book Pro and it is sweet and I'm envious. I know this is most improbable, but I "dream" of a day when I can legally run OS X on a Dell Laptop running Paralles to access my Windows based apps. But having the ability to switch to full blown Windows at any point. Apple would never sanction this. :(

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I've considered getting a Mac. It would be sweet to have as an addition to my Windows based PC's. It would not replace my Windows based PC's simply because, my work is in a Windows world. Windows is the standard and when you stray away from that standard in a business environment incompatibilities rear their head. Being at different customer sites every know and then I see someone with a Mac Book Pro and it is sweet and I'm envious. I know this is most improbable, but I "dream" of a day when I can legally run OS X on a Dell Laptop running Paralles to access my Windows based apps. But having the ability to switch to full blown Windows at any point. Apple would never sanction this. :(

You can get a mac and run both windows and OS X. You get the best of both worlds.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
You can get a mac and run both windows and OS X. You get the best of both worlds.

Unfortunately the hardware in the Mac particularly the wireless chip set is not supported by program I need to do my job, also the lack of serial port. USB to serial adapters do not work reliably enough.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
For people who did switch, or plan to switch to a Mac, how much (if any) role did the iPhone play into your decision?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
iPhone not so much. My sister just purchased a Macbook Pro and I have been playing around with it. So far I really like OSX and love the ability to runs Windows on it if I choose.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I had the 1st gen iPhone and stood in line for 3G. Last week I purchased my first MacBook and LOVE it! I wouldn't say that iPhone is what caused me to switch... I have been wanting to get a mac for quite some time but never had the money. Also, I used to be an avid video game player so getting a mac wasn't exactly the smart choice for video games.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
My history:

Apple II Plus > KDS 7860 DOS > Amiga > Amiga > Mac OS 7 > Win 3.1 > Win 95 > Win 98 > Win 2K > Win XP > Win Vista > OS X 10.4 > OS X 10.5

I used to have several PCs, now several Macs. They're just so much more productive I can't imagine switching back unless Microsoft makes a paradigm leap.

What's funny is that while Microsoft could have a killer integrated model, given their incredible breadth of products, they're too fragmented. Apple nails that model.

(I got an iPhone after switching back to Mac, kicked my Treo 680 into the river)

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
My history:

Apple II Plus > KDS 7860 DOS > Amiga > Amiga > Mac OS 7 > Win 3.1 > Win 95 > Win 98 > Win 2K > Win XP > Win Vista > OS X 10.4 > OS X 10.5

I used to have several PCs, now several Macs. They're just so much more productive I can't imagine switching back unless Microsoft makes a paradigm leap.

What's funny is that while Microsoft could have a killer integrated model, given their incredible breadth of products, they're too fragmented. Apple nails that model.

(I got an iPhone after switching back to Mac, kicked my Treo 680 into the river)

Good ol Amiga, I have fond memories.

kalahari#IM

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Definitely staying with PC. Am going to build my own really fast 64-bit PC. Mac doesn't give that flexibility to build a "perfect PC".

Also, have 20+ years in PC experience so am pretty knowledgeable on PCs :rolleyes: There is a lot of ignorance and silly postings about PCs.

May consider Mac for laptop one day though.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Macs since 1990, but have been forced to use Windows at a few jobs over the years. It was absolutely unbearable. I actually quit a great-paying job because I couldn't take working with PCs.

I'm a web designer, but if Apple ever went out of business I'd sooner flip burgers at McDonald's than use Windows.

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Used to be PC and never thought of switching, until I got an iPhone and dreamt of what could be. Then my laptop needed repair; my third in four years. Long story short: I don't hate Windows, I just hate the people who make computers for Windows.

In the end, I managed to manipulate HP over two agonizing months into giving me a full credit and ran straight to futureshop to get my sexy new MBP. Love it!

Last edited:

macdripper

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I got my MAC before the iPhone, I would say my MAC convinced me to get an iPhone. I was an avid PC user before but after switching to MAC there is no turning back.

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
i love windows because like said in an earlier post you can build the perfect machine ( not that i know how) but i would imagine it being one crazy media center with windows media synced to your tv.
then i think how user friendly the mac is and i ask myself would i really need all that power from the perfect computer? Im not shooting a universal studios movie. If i could only try out the macs for a month to see if i could live with it. playing with them in the store just doesnt do it

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
I'll have to sync with my PC coz that's what I use at work. I have an iBook at home, but don't see logic in syncing with the Mac coz my calendar and mail etc are all in the PC. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711