What do you use?

What described the computer you use to sync

• I sync my iPhone with an Apple computer, and always will.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • I sync my iPhone with a PC computer, and don't foresee changing.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I used to have a PC, but I switched to an Apple after getting the iPhone.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have a PC, but am consider switching to an Apple.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

lavonda

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
i doubt if i will make the switch back to a mac...although a mac was the first computer (performa 550) that my family owned.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm a PC user because i used to be a big gamer but have always appreciated Mac's for their UI. It's very nice looking, and I have ObjectDock and use Safari a lot. That's as close to a Mac i'll get for now.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Macs make PCs look like that one girl(or boy- don't wanna discriminate) that you made it with when you were in your 20s. You know, the one that you didn't want to be in a relationship with but since they were able to handle basic tasks you kinda just let them stay around. Then you move on and start dating angelina and scarlett(also known as iPhone and any Mac) and from that moment on you can't belie you let the ugly one hang around so long. Your friends will never let you live it down and the old one keeps calling/text message/showing up and is constantly blubbering "I'm a PC...I'm a PC" because they can't handle the fact that the new one looks waaaaay better and when they imagine you using their better "functions" they flip out.
I know I know it's a dark place... You don't like to revisit, it's ok it's ok!

Sticky#IM

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Well, here's the deal breaker. I use Linux as my main Os. Windows for my iPhone and such. Also, the OP's post is flawed. What is a PC computer? A personal Computer Computer? Really, they are all PC's : \. Also, I wanted a UNIX compliant OS. I didn't want to pay out my ass for what was supposed to be free and for everyone, so I got a nice flavor of Linux and fell in love with it. Macs look nice, and feel nice, but are WAY over priced for what you get. They are also very closed up and basically any modification is illegal, which I find to be BS.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
My history:

Apple II Plus > KDS 7860 DOS > Amiga > Amiga > Mac OS 7 > Win 3.1 > Win 95 > Win 98 > Win 2K > Win XP > Win Vista > OS X 10.4 > OS X 10.5

(I got an iPhone after switching back to Mac, kicked my Treo 680 into the river)

Amiga! Wow! That is going back a ways!:eek: Had one back in the EARLY 80's.

I used Windoze for almost 10 years. After my last Campaq Laptop became so "bug" riddled, I switched to a Mac and have never looked back. My wife and I run our own Company off our Macs. (Three of them) There is nothing that I have not been able to do on my Mac that I needed a PC for. The only reason that i run Paralleles is that some of the sites that I need to go to REQUIRE me to use IE. FF will not even open the sites.

And people call Apple closed!;)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I after owning an iPhone have and will most definitely get a mac, just not now.

Using the iPhone made me realize how clean and easy mac is in general. There are reports that mac is more vulnerable, yet I haven't heard of a virus on it, not saying there isn't.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Ok, Currently I use openSUSE linux for 99% of my needs. I even have a VM with WinXP installed for a handful of apps, but the iPhone made me install an XP Partition so that upgrades, jailbreaking, etc would work without issue (You can infact upgrade through a VM, but you have to watch it closely for disconnects). So with the iPhone I use Windows/iTunes. I even imported my playlists back into iTunes to make life easier. However, I stay in Linux except to Sync every few days. It kinda irks me that Linux is as unsupported as it is, esp considering that MacOSX is BSD.

I am not saying Apple should support every OS out there, but it would be nice if the iPhone wasn't crippled connectivity wise so apps could be developed under Linux to at least sync my music (the iphone/touch hash is still unbroken). The best would be a Multisync plugin so I could use Evolution for contacts, et al.

Now my wife is using a Vista laptop, but her next will probably be a Mac. It probably would have been a while ago except that I didn't have any mac compatible software and wasn't spending a buttload of money on Office for the Mac. Now that openOffice is as good as Office, I see no reason to keep her from a mac. Most of what she does would be mac centric anyway considering the number of iPods/iPhones we have.. :)

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I may love my iPhone, but the Mac ecosystem on their computers is really not of much interest too me. I like to setup my PC "just so" and how I want it. When I get a new one I boot it up once to make sure it works, then the HDD gets reformatted and I re-install Windows and get it all setup how I want and do a lot of customizing.

As everyone knows, that just doesn't happen on a Mac. I've also always had very positive experiences with Dell customer service. Never have problems with Windows, I actually very much like Vista and I don't know why it gets such a bad rap. (knock on wood) After a year with my new laptop (my only machine) I have yet to see any problems with Vista or a crash. The only thing that has given me problems was iTunes 8 when it was first released.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I sync my iphone with BOTH a laptop PC (Compaq, running Windows Vista, running Outlook 2007) AND a Macbook (native apps iCal and Address Book) via MobileMe.

I started out with just my Compaq PC...but was impressed enough with the iphone that I wanted to see what an Apple notebook was like (special props to Rene for some shopping advice) - that and the fact that I found the whole MobileMe cloud concept of being able to sync multiple computers with your iphone incredibly cool. No regrets. Plus, it IS nice to have my iphone data backed up/sync'd in 2 different places...3 if you count the MobileMe cloud. :)

Last edited:

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I had a Vista laptop, and that worked just fine as I had my Blackberry to go along with it. Then my gf got an iPhone. Then I got my own iPhone. The ease of use of the iPhone made me start using the Mac computers at my school more so than the Windows machines. That made me want my own. I sold the Windows laptop to my brother and got a MacBook. Then my iPhone got stolen. Now I have a MacBook (which I love, don't get me wrong!) and no iPhone. I'm back on the Blackberry, which just so happens to have no Mac support. Boo!

Hopefully soon I will be re-entering iPhone Land.