How to get pics from my laptop to the "cloud" and then to my iphone?

jdtoyou

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
How do I get pics from my Windows XP laptop to the "cloud" and then onto my iphone? Having some trouble figuring this part of MobileMe out...:confused:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't believe MobileMe actually does OTA photo syncing yet.

You can upload your photos from XP to the cloud, but they won't go from the cloud to the iPhone Photo App. To do that, you'll still have to sync with iTunes.

However, if you go to me.com with your iPhone's browser, you'll get an optimized version of your online photos.

That's weak tea, but the best they provide -- to my knowledge -- right now.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
You can't find where to type in your username and password, or you can't find your username and password?

The first page for me.com is the login screen, unless you're already logged in.

If you don't have a login, are you signed up? Do you have a free trial or paid account?

jdtoyou

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry...when I go to .me.com w/safari on the ihpone, the screen appears does not have a place to log in. It does say Already a member? You can access this inforamtion directly from the applications on your iphone or ipod touch.

I'm using the 60 day trial right now.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't believe MobileMe actually does OTA photo syncing yet.

You can upload your photos from XP to the cloud, but they won't go from the cloud to the iPhone Photo App. To do that, you'll still have to sync with iTunes.

However, if you go to me.com with your iPhone's browser, you'll get an optimized version of your online photos.

That's weak tea, but the best they provide -- to my knowledge -- right now.

You would be correct sir. That is the only way to do it. Best way right now is to simply use iTunes. Use your online picture gallery for the occasional pictures you want friends and family to see.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
It's not a solution to be able to download photos from the cloud to store on the phone, but I use Sugarsync to back up all my photos from my PC to the cloud and I can use their iPhone App to view my photos. I love it.

big samm#IM

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
there is new application in the appstore called mobilefiles...
it does exactly what you want...u can view all ur pictures files videos,music all from ur idisk to the iphone..even download them to ur iphone for offline use..
it's free in the appstore and it works great for mobile me users...give it a try

Wineadvantage

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Rene,
This may seem simple to you and I hope it does. When I sync photos from a folder on my XP desktop, it works fine. The problem I'm having is when I try to add additional photos. Itunes replaces the current pics with the new pics. I can't seem to find a way to add more than one group of pics. I have plenty of room on the phone. Do you have a cure for this issue?
Thanks,
Frank

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If I understand you correctly. I believe you need to go into iTunes and check of the folders with the pics you'd like sync with the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro