Round Robin: Casey Needs iPhone Help, Tips, Tricks, and Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBR#CB

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I don't own a iPhone, but I have to say the phone is the sexiest phone out there and I find it amazing how many apps out there for the phone also.

3gmacattack

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
whatsup Casey, your intial reaction is spot on. Ok so my favorite thing about the iPhone is the iphone! Well I know thats specific but it's true I love everything about the iPhone=) The one thing I don't like I guess is the week camera but even that doesn't bother me cause I have a 10 megapixel camera with me at all times in my backpack. I would like the ability to have your wallpaper in the background maybe even the ability to have a different wallpaper for every page of icons, the ability to do all of this without jailbreaking would be awesome. Most used app is deff twinkle a twitter alternative that links all iPhone users and twitter users. The game I play the most is live poker and fieldrunners. My advice on jailbreaking is don't do it lol it's cool what you can do but breaking the warrenty contract idk it just doesn't seem worth I also have a fear that it somehow hurts your phone I'm probably wrong but it just doesn't feel right too me. Well that's about it, it's the best phone out there and I hope you stick with it and stay here with the iPhone family=)

Dimietriev

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I am curious about the percentage of paid apps to free apps people download.
I was somewhat amazed at how many apps he showed he had downloaded on the video for testing purposes. All I ever hear on the podcast is that there is big money being made, are people just more willing to fork over 1-9 dollars?

gjlowe

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Definitely jailbreak! Some of my killer apps:

NemusSync - full on sync client for Google Calendar, and it lets you do multiple calendars with ease!!!! Defines the term "killer app"

Qik/Flixwagon - stream video from your iPhone to the web!

Winterboard - customize look of the iPhone

Backgrounder - allows you to send apps to the background

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I am curious about the percentage of paid apps to free apps people download.
I was somewhat amazed at how many apps he showed he had downloaded on the video for testing purposes. All I ever hear on the podcast is that there is big money being made, are people just more willing to fork over 1-9 dollars?

Always wondered that too...and of course how many users just download the apps from Umm...not so open places lol.

Touch Me

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Re: jailbreak

A Gizmodo article, Why We Still Need the iPhone App Black Market, was mentioned here a few months ago in this thread but it is worth mentioning again. The original Gizmodo article is here.

The article concludes: ...the vast universe of applications we?re missing out on?not just pirated goodies, but honest-to-God mission-critical wares?shows the SDK clearly doesn't provide everything we need it to. And it might never. But the black market app economy can and does fill the void. Apple might seek to shut it down, but the iPhone's two-class app economy may prove to be its greatest strength.

One of the comments I like: I'm hoping Android becomes a success just so it makes Apple become "hungry" enough to loosen the reigns and let the iPhone live up to its full potential.

Steve1976

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
It's interesting how in Korea, they legally sell the iphone unlocked. If you look up the IMEI numbers, they are registered legally as unlocked. So for those looking for an iphone that does not get coverage in their area and want it legally done, you might want to look into that route. This way you do not void your warranty either. I'm trying to look into that myself. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
It's not as bad as you guys think it is. It does of course take time, but after owning both Blackberries and Treo's in the past, I can say that I've matched the speeds I had with those devices on the iPhone. It just takes time to learn how to correctly press down.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G:
100% touch screen (other than home button). I hope Apple never adapts the "click" technology of the BlackBerry Storm. I don't want to click... I want to touch.

Least Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G:
Unable to directly access FTP or computer hard drive without using 3rd party apps like AirSharing or Caravan (this a VERY SMALL dislike).

Most Used 3rd Party App
BeejiveIM and Caravan

Most Played Game
I don't believe I'll ever be buying or playing any games.

Should I Jailbreak?
I'll certainly never do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2