It's interesting how in Korea, they legally sell the iphone unlocked. If you look up the IMEI numbers, they are registered legally as unlocked. So for those looking for an iphone that does not get coverage in their area and want it legally done, you might want to look into that route. This way you do not void your warranty either. I'm trying to look into that myself. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    11-21-2008 01:31 AM
    I don't think I could ever get by without a physical kb
    11-22-2008 01:22 AM
    ^^

I have to agree with the person above me.
    11-22-2008 12:10 PM
    At the very least, a slider
    11-23-2008 01:33 AM
    It's not as bad as you guys think it is. It does of course take time, but after owning both Blackberries and Treo's in the past, I can say that I've matched the speeds I had with those devices on the iPhone. It just takes time to learn how to correctly press down.
    11-23-2008 07:57 AM
    I've only used soft kb's on WM and didn't like it.
    I guess I will have to give apple kb a try.
    11-23-2008 05:58 PM
    Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G:
    100% touch screen (other than home button). I hope Apple never adapts the "click" technology of the BlackBerry Storm. I don't want to click... I want to touch.

Least Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G:
    Unable to directly access FTP or computer hard drive without using 3rd party apps like AirSharing or Caravan (this a VERY SMALL dislike).

Most Used 3rd Party App
    BeejiveIM and Caravan

Most Played Game
    I don't believe I'll ever be buying or playing any games.

Should I Jailbreak?
    I'll certainly never do it.
    11-23-2008 07:31 PM
    Maybe I would learn to like touch.
    But so far, I prefer click.
    11-25-2008 01:47 AM
    Is there an app for recording phone calls, and does it record both sides without having to use speakerphone?
    11-25-2008 05:00 AM
    Is there an app for recording phone calls, and does it record both sides without having to use speakerphone?
    That would be helpful. Not sure how it would be possible without using the speakerphone though.
    11-25-2008 04:37 PM
    It's too bad that so many pda phones don't allow recording phone calls unless you use speakerphone.
    11-27-2008 02:40 PM
    There is an app called SpoofApp3g. It is, of course, only available to jailbroken iPhones via Cydia.

It records conversations both ways, can fake a phone number, and can change your voice. It works almost like Skype, but over 3g rather than Wifi. It can come in handy if you don't want to use daytime minutes.
    You get free startup minutes but if you use it a lot you'll have to buy more minutes.
    11-30-2008 04:48 AM
    There is an app called SpoofApp3g. It is, of course, only available to jailbroken iPhones via Cydia.

It records conversations both ways, can fake a phone number, and can change your voice. It works almost like Skype, but over 3g rather than Wifi. It can come in handy if you don't want to use daytime minutes.
    You get free startup minutes but if you use it a lot you'll have to buy more minutes.
    Often I get business calls when I'm not in the position to write info down.
    I had my 650 set up to where I could hit a button and it would start recording the call. For no other reason but phone call 'note taking'
    12-01-2008 07:02 PM
    1. Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G
    The way it works with our exchage server. I was stuck with windows mobile or accepting getting only the mail part of the exchange functionality until the 2.0 came out. It was less than ideal but i was willing to work with it because the iphone is so fantastic with media. Now that i get my calendar pushed out i am much happier.

2. Least Favorite thing about the iPhone 3G

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but it is the lack of COPY PASTE!

3. Most Used 3rd Party App

Winadmin to rdp into servers or remote computers. This is a life saver on the road.

4. Most Played Game

Astrotilt. It is a free game that was put out by Jirbo and though it is rather simple it is interesting enough to relax me.

5. Should I Jailbreak? And if so, for what 'killer apps'?

I am on the fence with this one. I have Jailbroken a couple times for the tethering option that I get through pdanet. Don't tell At&t. Cycorder is also an app that i wish i could get without jailbreaking the phone. I did have to restore the phone at one point due to the mail app locking up though.
    12-01-2008 08:14 PM
    Is there really no way to copy & paste?
    12-02-2008 05:39 PM
    Heyyy casey!!! Well ok Ill get right to it. My favorite thing about the iPhone is how easy, fun, and beautiful it is too use this device! There really is nothing like it! I have had a blackberry and I can tell you this is just simply the best!
    One thing I don't like about the best phone in the world is gosh I honestly don't have one, maybe the lack of organization ability with your applications but that's it.
    My most used 3rd party app is twinkle which is a twitter application/iPhone chat room it's really cool I love it.
    Most played game is between papijumpplus, livepoker, and frenzic there all great great games!
    As far as jailbreaking I would never ! As far as I seen all it does is slow peoples phone down and a screw things up so I wouldn't. That also made me think about the app store another amazing thing about this phone that can't be matched!! This is simply the coolest best most amazing phone in the world and it will continue to only get better and better!
    12-05-2008 11:35 AM
    Is there really no way to copy & paste?
    If not, I'm sure they will work it out soon enough.
    12-07-2008 11:18 PM
    jailbreaking is still my top tip to get the most out of iphone, cant really live without net tethering app and also the better email apps that available through cydia.
    12-08-2008 05:05 AM
    My favourite game on the iPhone? MOUSE LITE! Just love the graphics and oh don't get me started on the muuuuusic!

There's another game too called Crittle Lite.. superbly cute. Spread the cheer!
    12-08-2008 05:18 AM
    iphone needs more productivity apps.. really hate it when all i see the best apps are mostly games =(
    12-09-2008 01:31 AM
    Time to help Crackberry Kevin out!

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...e-3g-help.html
    12-09-2008 10:21 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD