View Poll Results: Are you disappointed with the "announced" features of 2.2?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...

11 44.00%
  • No...

5 20.00%
  • Where is my PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!?

9 36.00%
    Rumor: iPhone OS 2.2 Only 10 Days Away? Nov 21 Release? | The iPhone Blog

With 2.2 only days away, are you disappointed with what is being added? Or what appears to be added, sure Apple could throw in some surprises but it's doubtful. I know I'd rather Apple wait to give us the update we have all been waiting for... PUSH NOTIFICATION Apple... hello!? They should at least acknowledge what they are doing with it!
    11-13-2008 02:55 PM
    No Push.

But as we've seen with the MobileMe launch, I'd rather wait and have Apple get it right rather than have it not work.
    11-13-2008 03:33 PM
    Seems like they are just implementing a few features at a time...
    11-13-2008 03:42 PM
    Seems like they are just implementing a few features at a time...
    True, but are these features that will be in 2.2 more important than copy/paste? etc... Not to beat a dead horse...

Apple said that other things are more important than copy/paste and turn by turn GPS.
    11-13-2008 05:26 PM
    True, but are these features that will be in 2.2 more important than copy/paste? etc... Not to beat a dead horse...

Apple said that other things are more important than copy/paste and turn by turn GPS.
    Couldn't agree more. To whom are the new features more important than copy/paste & turn-by-turn? I'd love to know the answer to this question...
    11-13-2008 05:48 PM
    And make Safari more stable.
    If I don't absolutely need to check something while I'm not near my laptop I don't because it crashes so often.
    11-13-2008 08:08 PM
    Couldn't agree more. To whom are the new features more important than copy/paste & turn-by-turn? I'd love to know the answer to this question...
    Leads me to believe Apple is not telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth...
    11-13-2008 11:10 PM
    So help us God...
    11-14-2008 11:52 AM
    I am one that would rather have new google maps app with walking / public directions than copy / paste. Copy paste would be nice, but the amount of times I've actually "needed" it for something are slim
    11-14-2008 11:54 AM
    I give the new update a "meh" as far as excitement is concerned. Emoji? Really? This is what's more important than turn-by-turn and copy/paste? I know they want as much market penetration as possible, but annoying existing users in favor of gaining more in other countries (Japan, I'm looking in your direction...) is just not a fantastic strategy.

That being said, we should all thank our lucky stars we get these updates at all, as any current and former WinMo phone owner will attest to. (myself included)
    11-14-2008 12:15 PM
    I will admit the update is rather bland. Having only had my iphone for less than a month I am supprised what features it really is lacking. Granted the iphone revolutionized the UI for cell phones, but the rather normal features for other phones that are missing in the iphone really is shocking...
    11-14-2008 01:18 PM
    we need push notifications and cut n paste immediately in my opinion! I mean what the hell!
    11-14-2008 02:05 PM
    You know there is always the possibility that apple is keeping the lock down on this update and it will have surprise features. If they release it on the 21st, the same day as the storm, and they add copy and paste this will put the BB release on page 2
    11-14-2008 02:23 PM
    Direct podcast downloads will be great (in my opinion, for me, etc) and I'd much rather those than c&p. Turn-by-turn, push notifications, unified email inbox, ubiquitous landscape keyboard, those are a different matter altogether and I'd really like to see them all asap.
    11-15-2008 07:35 AM
    I am excited for all the new Google Maps features... But, I would really really love copy/paste implemented and proper Push. Push is definitely number one to me.
    11-16-2008 02:55 PM
    apple, drop us the good stuff like notifications and cut and paste and then send out the little updates.
    11-16-2008 05:03 PM
    So it's safe to say that *most of you are going to be very disappointed in the next update...
    11-16-2008 06:22 PM
    I'm happy with whatever I get. I bought the 3G knowing exactly what it could and couldn't do. While it's nice to get new stuff it's nicer to have the stuff we already have working properly first. (Like constant Safari crashes). SO bring on the fixes and speed optimisations. If you can throw in a turn by turn app that'd be nice too.

Gordon
    11-16-2008 07:39 PM
    I really don't understand the skipping over the basics...most users will not use the walkin gps for the simple fact that most people already kno where they are going...this is a prime example of needing to "stick with the basics"...
    11-16-2008 10:22 PM
    coming from a teenager...horizontal keyboard for SMS...get MMS...and possibly a way to improve the camera (i.e. ZOOM!)

i have a decent camera on this thing and want to show off the pics to friends, yet i can't even send them in a txt message from a $300 phone. I know they're alternatives but they're time consuming and just stupid. Apple get MMS!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-17-2008 10:27 PM
    Emoji?

(remembers Pearl Harbor...)
    11-19-2008 05:52 PM
    I am not even excited nor looking forward to the new update. There is nothing about it to be excited about......yet.
    11-19-2008 06:36 PM
    I still want copy n paste and mms, other companies have made it happen, why can't mega apple.
    11-20-2008 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD