iPhone Live! #2 Contest Entry Thread!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you were listing to iPhone Live! #2 streaming last night via Live | The iPhone Blog then you already know what to do here. If you weren't, well -- shame on you!

Kidding. A little.

Week 1 was Facebook Fan. Week 2 was @theiphoneblog Twitter. Week 3 is right here. Leave us a reply for your chance to qualify for our Ultimate iPhone Accessory Pack. BUT NOT JUST ANY REPLY! It has to be real, substantive, exciting, informative. BAD ASH has warned he will delete anything trivial, so give us your best!

What do you love about your iPhone? What do you hate? Favorite Accessory? Most wanted Accessory? Give us the gold, and you just might qualify to win!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. As there are many things that I love about the iPhone, the slick UI is one of the best things for me. As die hard WinMo user, I truely enjoy the simplicity and the UI provides. While it lacks the customization you can have with WinMo, Winterboard, Intelliscreen and a host of other jailbreak apps allow me to customize it all over again.

2. I hate not having a removeable battery. I will eventually buy one of those battery packs as I am constantly on my iPhone (basically just playing around) and am rarely in a place where I can charge it.

3. I don't have many accessories, but I just recently purchased the Griffin Elan Form case. It looks sharp and protects the device nicely. One I finish my Flux Capacitor battery add-on, I think that will be my favorite! :D

4. Most wanted accessory is taken from #2. I need more power Scotty!!!

andresfj00

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
My sms

my sms is a great new app for jailbroken iphones. it allows for landscape sms which is an important feature missing from the default sms app. It also includes everything else that comes with the chat app. Try it out

Awhatnot

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I just found the iPhone Live! podcast, and you guys do a really great job! I really like the range of subjects for the iPhone that you cover, nice work.
In this last iPhone Live! #2 there was a question about the brightness settings. I have a feature that I wish the iPhone had or someone could make as part of an app. I replaced my clock radio with my iPhone. There are many clock apps in the store and I have about 3 on my phone right now. My problem and hence the feature I'd like to see is a why to turn off the back lighting. The iPhone is pretty bright in a dark room even with the screen is dimmed all the way, and changing the settings everyday is a hassle. It would be nice to be able to roll over and look at the time with out being blinded. Then there is the problem that you may not be able to see anything on the phones screen in the dark with out any backlighting. Maybe being able to turn the backlighting off is not the correct fix. Does anyone know how to get the iPhone to match the brightness of a standard clock radio? Does anyone know what I'm getting at?

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Another great iPhone LIve this week. I really like the Box.net guy and his comments around iPhone devleopment.

MS

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
What do I love about my iPhone? The fact it is mine! No, actually the thing I like (which most people are probably going to say) is the UI. I like how easy it is to go from one application to another, and how seamlessly everything works together. As I describe the iPhone - it is an entertainment device that also includes some productivity options. Because it is primarilly designed for entertainment (IMO) it really focuses on the user experience. This results in a complete package device.

I do dislike not having the full bluetooth connection options. It would be great to be able to sync via bluetooth, exchange pictures, contacts, or ringtones as well. That (along with the standard cut and paste complaint) is probably what I miss the most from my Treo. I also miss not being able to have some programs run in the background - so I can't have third party reminders and such.

My favorite accessory has to be my Incipio case. I have dropped the iPhone a few times, and the case has saved it. Well worth the money, and it looks pretty good as well.

Chris

CmooreInOr

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
New listener

Thanks for doing the pod casts. I am a new listener and I will be checking it out each week. Anyways heard about the contest and thought I would give it a go. I love my iPhone. Have been a PC user my entire life and after having the iPhone am really thinking about making the move over to mac. Why would I do this... The quality of apple products has blown me away since my first ipod. The support I have received has really made a lasting impression... I had an iPhone with a "Bruised LCD" took it in and even though this is not a warrantied issue with the phone they gave me a new one anyways. I am a big fan of great customer service and this is one of the many reasons why I love my phone and am starting to really lean towards apple in other ways than just having their phone. Anyways I love your site, check it out everyday. Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing what you all have to say in your next podcast.

xerxers

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
I am 60+ and have just been totally bowled over by this technology. My wife is a tad bemused but I have found that to be able to replace three devices, camera, PDA, phone with this one machine is just wonderful. I also might add that I am a new US citizen, 2 years, so we travel around the uS a lot and especially around Illinois where I live and having a camera with all of teh time is cool.
Being able to see the weather where my family and children live, all overseas is a blast.
The ease of downloading apps and installing apps is a breeze compared to my PDA.
There are still somehting missing like a really really good PIM but with time that will also arrive.
Overall just a great 'thing' to have.

Xerxers:)

Squampton

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Maps for sure!

Here in Japan there are some crazy addresses; many streets don't even have a name like they do back home. Needless to say it's so easy to get lost while driving or even walking around. The GPS/maps app has saved my skin from my angry girlfriend countless times now! Winding through backwoods road is a breeze. I can email locations from my laptop to my iPhone, and bookmark locations in the app. Coupled with the car lighter adapter, I have my own navigation system in my crappy old car!

AZBear#CB

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the podcasts. They are informative and fun.

The main reason I bought my iPhone was the great UI and the screen size. I do quite a bit more surfing now than i did with my Blackberry.

The only thing I miss about my BB is the T-Mobile UMA feature that allows me to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi. I had the 300 minute plan but I used the BB for work and used 1000+ minutes over UMA for a mere $10 a month. So, the one app I am most looking forward to is iCall which hopefully will come out soon.

blueline

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
I am a new iPhone user (2 weeks) and I absolutly love the phone. Before I decided on the iPhone I was torn between of and the BB bold. I went with iPhone do to the UI and the media functions. The only thing I have found that I don't like is the battery life and the lack of a removable battery. However with that said I don't think either one of those issues take away from what a great device it is. My favorite accessories are my incase slider case and the zagg sreen protector. I love your site and check it almost every day and now that I know about the podcast I will make sure to check it out.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't hate anything about the iPhone. I've only been waiting for it for ten years (I've refused to ever get a Windows smartphone), and we Mac users are grateful to finally have mobile emailing, and internet that we can deal with.

I wish it had the same satin-finished aluminum look and feel as the PowerBooks and MacBooks (with a matte screen). The glossy screen and casing needs to be kept in a vacuum-sealed environment without any human contact to look it's best.

I'd also love to see all the missing features added... but if the iPhone stayed as is for the next few years, I'd be okay with it. It's the most amazing product since the first laptop computer!

I feel like Elroy Jetson walking around with it. :D

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
forum contest

This is my first post to the forum and I just wanted to say I appreciate all the hard work that goes into it.

I have owned an Iphone since they were released and never could warm up to the 2g model so I sold it. I use a Blackberry at work and have gotten very used to it's features. I picked up a 3g and almost returned it but glad I didn't. Over the last few months, I have started liking the Iphone more and normally just use the BB for work email only. One program that really got me using the Iphone more was Things. I have used the GTD method of time management for some time and this program really lets me use it effectively on the Iphone.

I have enjoyed the Iphone so much that I recently bought a Macbook Pro and am a converted Apple fan now. Forums like this one have helped me learn a lot more about the Iphone and it's capabilities.

natesac

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
i love the maps! i deliver pizza sometimes so it really helps me out when i can just pop open the google mobile app and speak an address into phone and bam! i have my map. this has changed my life forever. While i am delivering i listen to nothing but podcasts and it really helps pass the time. Apple really came through for me with 2.2. now i can download or stream podcasts to my heart's content.

thank you apple!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox