Will SIM from my BlackBerry work in a iPhone

highdynamic

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I really hope someone can answer my question. I have a blackberry that I am not ready to let go of "yet". So, I was wondering if I bought someones iPhone would I be able to use it by taking the 3G sim out of my BlackBerry Bold and putting it into the iPhone 3G? I'm thinking everything would work just maybe not visual voicemail, which I am ok with. I do not want to have to call ATT and switch my plan from Blackberry to iphone. I heard somewhere that this would work but wanted to see what you all knew about doing this, if anything. ATT says that there could be huge fees but I wonder if that is just them saying that in order to have you change plans to iPhone.

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes I'm sure it works. I have both a Blackberry and iPhone and I tried that once. It did work. Of course I couldn't get email and no visual vm. I'm not sure though if u are charged by the kb for using safari. I'm not sure if u can "trick" the data package u currently have.

highdynamic

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Right not visual vm but I thought email would work, hmmm. I mean I have unlimited data on my blackberry so I should still have unlimited data if I put the sim in an iPhone. Email is set up over data so I do not see why that would not work. I am talking personal Gmail not corporate email.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just think no matter what type of email, it won't work because the berry data package is setup by your pin not necessarily your sim. So when email goes through and it can't find your sim linked to the pin it probably wouldn't go through. That's just the feeling I have but I think u should try it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Keep in mind the iPhone 3g must be activated first.... if not it will not work. Also don't be shocked if you get emails and texts from AT&T while it's in the iPhone saying your plan does not support iPhone data. I just was using a Bold for the past few days and when I put it back in the iPhone (before I switched the data plan back to the iPhone) I got those messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh