Exchange Server Partial Fetches

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Not sure if this has been discussed, I did a quick search and did not see anything...

It seems when I do timed Fetches (30 minute) from my Exchange Server I do not get a complete Sync of ALL the messages in the inbox. Frequently, some messages are missing and will be eventually available to the iPhone after subsequent Fetches.

Anybody see similar issues?

MS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What happens if you set it to push? I need more details to help you out. Have you tried deleting the account and setting it back up? Etc...

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
I have not experimented much and it does not seem to happen ALL the time, but only when there are maybe 10+ new messages to sync.

I briefly tried PUSH, but stopped since it chewed up too much battery.

MS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have not experimented much and it does not seem to happen ALL the time, but only when there are maybe 10+ new messages to sync.

I briefly tried PUSH, but stopped since it chewed up too much battery.

MS

Exchange should not effect battery life to where you notice a big drop. Unless you get thousands of emails a day. If you get, say 50 a day, you should be perfectly fine. If not,something else is eating your battery or something within your exchange account is goofed up. Try deleting it and adding it back on.

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Again this morning, before logging into my computer and Outlook, the iPhone only synced 2 new email messages. After I opened Outlook on my computer and saw all 12 new messages.....the iPhone then synced the remaining messages. Strange

As you suggested, I will try to delete and re-create Exchange account on iPhone.

MS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Again this morning, before logging into my computer and Outlook, the iPhone only synced 2 new email messages. After I opened Outlook on my computer and saw all 12 new messages.....the iPhone then synced the remaining messages. Strange

As you suggested, I will try to delete and re-create Exchange account on iPhone.

MS

Also try turning push on. I've heard some people have issues with fetching after updating to the 2.1 firmware. Worth a shot.

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
OK, thanks Bad Ash.

I'll let you know what happens. I'll need to wait till I get a wifi connection before I do the exchange account recreate.

MS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sounds good. I'm sure it is one of the two things I mentioned. The only other possible issue may be with your exchange company itself. They may be having issues. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2