What would it take for you to leave the iPhone?

What would it take for you to ditch the iPhone?

• Better screen?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OS that offers more?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Better battery life?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Physical Keyboard?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Something not on this poll perhaps?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No chance I'd ever ditch the iPhone...

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For you to leave the iPhone and get a new phone, exactly what would it take? Higher res screen? Physical keyboard? Completely new OS? Boredom? The list goes on... but I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

Me... I just like a little variety so I have to have multiple phones to mix it up.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It would have to take a better overall offering than Apple currently provides, and as big a quantum leap forward from the iPhone as the iPhone was from everything else when it came before.

Right now, Apple is leading the way and *everyone* else is either following along behind or standing still.

Get back in the race with something better and more intriguing, and I'll be all over it.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Well, I didn't switch right away from the Treo 680 to the iPhone, I only switched to the iPhone 3G.

I would have to say it would be something that offer most or all of the current feature set (wifi, 3G, GPS, multitouch, large screen, 2nd party apps, multimedia device) but then has some major advance (not just cut and paste or something). And even then, I wouldn't switch right away, it would take a year or so.

Chris

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
Probably nothing. I have always sort of gravitated toward whatever mobile platform had the most development on it and the most progress being made as I use it. Once upon a time, that was Windows Mobile. When I got tired of constantly hacking my phone to make it do what should have been normal functions, I moved to a BlackBerry Curve, which was nice, but felt outdated. When I finally made the jump to the iPhone, it was really a nice transition because progress is always being made and we are very fortunate to always have news about what's coming next from Apple. Most phones are lucky if they get an OS update in the entire life cycle of the device. We get them rather frequently.

As far as upgrading from the iPhone to a newer iPhone, it would have to be a fairly significant feature set increase that I might actually use. And then I would hand my 3G over to my girlfriend and be on my way to the next iteration. I don't know that I would leave this platform for another at this point, because NO ONE is even close to where we are with this device.

Android's cute, but it just isn't the mobile OS I want to use.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
There are a lot of good things with the iPhone, but I think one of the biggest things and probably the most overlooked is the touch screen itself.

Other phones are coming out with touch screens, but I think all but maybe the new storm are not capacitance multitouch screens. Touch screens are not all built equal so until someone can match the iPhone in multitouch gestures Im not leaving.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I voted for others not on the poll. It would take a phone that offers all of what the iphone does on top of what its lacking plus anything else they feel to add to it. I could careless about a physical keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox