Refuse Call

PDog#IM

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know how to refuse a call that comes in when your phone is locked? With a normal phone you can just hit the red button but on the iphone the only options seem to be 'slide to answer' or turn the whole damned phone off. Any help gratefully received..

dandare

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
But the question is how to REFUSE a call, not how to silence it or redirect to VM.

If you have an iPhone you probably also have a plenty of free minutes, if a friend calls you from pre-paid card (your girlfriend, kid, grandma...) it is usual to refuse it and call back (redirecting to VM will charge him).

Another example of Apple tyranny/stupidity/smugness?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I have never had a phone that could "refuse" a call the way you are talking about. All the phones I have ever had sent the caller to VM when you hit the end call button. Tell your friends to hang up after 4 rings I guess? :confused:

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I use a jailbreak app called iBlacklist for iPhone it cost $12. If I remember correctly the non registered version allows you to block two numbers. You can block the number into VM or just have the call dropped. Although I don't use it for this it can also block SMS.

hermdog

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Whether you send a call directly to VM or have the call dropped, the caller is still charged for the call.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
All you do is tap the power button on top of the phone 2 times. 1 silences the ringer. 2 sends the caller to VM.

I was just thinking this the other day when running with Nike+, I hit it ones to silence and was thinking later there must be a way to refuse and this makes perfect sense.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73