Simultaneous GPS Maps & Phone call

afischoff#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm planning to get the iPhone 3G when my current contract expires (Sprint Treo 700p - ick!)

Quick question... Even though the iPhone doesn't have the slick TeleNav service which I'm used to using, the current GPS driving directions in the Google Maps app seems okay - even good enough.

Can you follow the driving directions/GPS while a phone call is in progress???

Just curious. Thanks!

--Andy

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Depends on your coverage. In 3G areas this is possible as you can access both the data and voice radio. However, if you are not in a 3G area, then you will only be able to do one of the other.

afischoff#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks! That's pretty cool and it beats using TeleNav on the Sprint Treo. You could only do one or the other, so that's a pretty big upgrade on the iPhone in it of itself.

Now if only TeleNav or similar would finally come out for the iPhone, AND you could talk on the phone while using it... it would be perfect!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Now if only TeleNav or similar would finally come out for the iPhone, AND you could talk on the phone while using it... it would be perfect!

I wouldn't be suprised that after the maps app gets an update with more detailed GPS info (direction, speed, etc.) then TomTom and others would come out with some nav apps. Would be really cool if they had a small USB memory that could plug into the bottom of the iPhone with all the maps on it so it could work even when you have no cell service.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
The latest rumor I'd heard was that Televav WAS developing their GPS app for the iPhone. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any further updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro