View Poll Results: Cracked or not cracked...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not cracked...

50 90.91%
  • Cracked...

5 9.09%
    Did anyone read the story on the iPhone Blog? I wonder if it's really true.
    Has this happened to anyone?
    07-30-2008 08:13 PM
    I have a white iPhone 3g. No such issues. Of course I take care of it. Mine has yet to see the light of day without a case + screen protector. Those photos showed iphones which had obviously been abused! They looked dirty and the compartment where the sim card goes looked like it was black around the edges.
    07-30-2008 08:28 PM
    Are iPhone 3Gs developing cracks? - Engadget

I'm worried now. It appears I have several but it's hard to tell whether it's the invisibleSHEILD I have on or actual cracks. And I don't want to peel it off to and waste $20. It could be from the rubber squeegee to get air bubbles out. They look much too straight.

Anyone else have problems?
    07-30-2008 10:36 PM
    Oops, didn't see this thread. My bad.
    07-30-2008 10:37 PM
    I think those ppl put the phone in their back pockets and sat on them. I put mine in my front pocket with my money and it looks like the day i got it.

BTW, Bad Ash, I returned my dust under glass iphone and got another one. This one is my 4th and it's flawless for now. Knock on wood, hope nothing happens to it.
    07-31-2008 02:40 AM
    I personally feel it is from a drop or some physical pressure... Mine is perfect like it was on day one.
    07-31-2008 01:11 PM
    my iphone stays in a hard-rubber case, wrapped by a Shieldzone screen protector, held on my belt in a Seidio Leather case... this thing needs to take a bullet to be exposed to the outdoors...
    07-31-2008 02:29 PM
    i noticed that my white iphone had these cracks around the headphone jack and the camera and i only had the phone for 3 days i could imagine that this would be a serious problem after a month so i called apple care and they were happy because they said they wanted to get my phone as soon as possible so they could find out why this is happening because they said they recieved over 1000 complaints they also sent me a new iphone overnight this is going to be my 3rd iphone my first one had a defective ringer switch
    07-31-2008 06:53 PM
    It's called a "period". The little dot at the end of a sentence.

Chris
    07-31-2008 10:28 PM
    The only crack on mine is the one made from me dropping it onto concrete
    08-02-2008 03:08 AM
    Thankfully mine is fine, it was just the covering I had on.
    I ripped off the invisibleshield today, as I wasn't very happy with it. The corners started to peel back and dirt got in there which made it very ugly. I'm thinking of ordering a FullBodyShield, iLounge gave it an A- and it's only 19 bucks.
    08-02-2008 06:46 PM
    yeah, the Invisible shield BACK is horrible... the front is quite nice tho... so i use my Contour Hard Skin w/ Invisible Shield FRONT ONLY... this all slides into a Seidio 2g Iphone holder (fits perfectly, mind you).
    08-02-2008 08:34 PM
    Noooooo.
    I found a very very small crack near the headphone jack today.
    It's really small though, you'd have to look really close to see it.
    08-10-2008 02:02 AM
    Noooooo.
    I found a very very small crack near the headphone jack today.
    It's really small though, you'd have to look really close to see it.
    White or black phone?
    08-10-2008 02:09 AM
    White or black phone?
    I have the white.
    08-10-2008 02:14 AM
    My black one has cracks around the headphone jack.. i've only had it for a few weeks too...
    08-10-2008 09:12 AM
    My black one has cracks around the headphone jack.. i've only had it for a few weeks too...
    I'm guessing this is from a lot of use and maybe a few good bumps to the headphone wire while plugged in. If I ever use it I am so careful knowing that this is possible.
    08-10-2008 10:00 AM
    No scratches or cracks on mine, looks the same now as when I bought it. Just one or two little dust particles under the glass.
    08-10-2008 11:32 AM
    It is really hard to put the headset in the headset jack. I have two different headsets (both designed for the iPhone) and I really have to push hard to get the jack in. I could see cracking resulting from the fact that the hole exerts pressure on the plastic as it has to accommodate for the the jack entering. It is almost as if the hole is a bit too small for the jack... just a hair too small. (I see this turning dirty.)
    08-10-2008 12:44 PM
    It is really hard to put the headset in the headset jack. I have two different headsets (both designed for the iPhone) and I really have to push hard to get the jack in. I could see cracking resulting from the fact that the hole exerts pressure on the plastic as it has to accommodate for the the jack entering. It is almost as if the hole is a bit too small for the jack... just a hair too small. (I see this turning dirty.)
    I also noticed this, last night I tried putting the headphones that came with my iPhone into the headset jack and it was pretty hard to put it in, I definitely could also see pressure cracks from this.
    08-10-2008 08:00 PM
    If it ain't broke..... don't fix it. The first iPhone's headphone jack was fine. Normal in and normal out. Mine is not too bad. But I'm gonna stop using them all together until Apple announces something regarding this.
    08-11-2008 02:19 AM
    Could it have been just a batch of bad iPhones??
    08-16-2008 10:06 PM
    Could it have been just a batch of bad iPhones??
    Who knows, I will admit all of this talk I've been reading {mainly elsewhere, not here} has me a bit paranoid. So I decided to check out Apple's official forums to see what people where reporting there. Safe to say 99% of the replies to this thread are crack free. My way of looking at this if millions are sold there are bound to be some bad seeds. And these people complaining of cracks are such a small percentage if you really stop and think about it.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Is there anyone has a 3g and its "NOT" ...

***Not to mention the poll in this thread. 1 out of 28 replies reported a crack.
    08-18-2008 01:07 PM
    Personally, I think most of those are the users fault. My very small crack I think is from the headphone jack. They should have put the headphone jack up to the chrome rather than having that very small piece of plastic there.
    08-18-2008 04:15 PM
    Personally, I think most of those are the users fault. My very small crack I think is from the headphone jack. They should have put the headphone jack up to the chrome rather than having that very small piece of plastic there.
    I'd agree with you 100%. But then you have people respond to that with something like this... "Speak for yourself! I've babied my phone and it's never been out of it's case and it's cracked!' or "I opened my box and it was cracked!".

But yeah I agree... people stop abusing your phone...
    08-18-2008 05:14 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD