Votes: 49 90.7%
  • Cracked...

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
iPhone's plastic back cracking? Is this happening to anyone?

Did anyone read the story on the iPhone Blog? I wonder if it's really true.
Has this happened to anyone?

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 3g. No such issues. Of course I take care of it. Mine has yet to see the light of day without a case + screen protector. Those photos showed iphones which had obviously been abused! They looked dirty and the compartment where the sim card goes looked like it was black around the edges.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
iPhone cracks?

Are iPhone 3Gs developing cracks? - Engadget

I'm worried now. It appears I have several but it's hard to tell whether it's the invisibleSHEILD I have on or actual cracks. And I don't want to peel it off to and waste $20. It could be from the rubber squeegee to get air bubbles out. They look much too straight.

Anyone else have problems?

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I think those ppl put the phone in their back pockets and sat on them. I put mine in my front pocket with my money and it looks like the day i got it.

BTW, Bad Ash, I returned my dust under glass iphone and got another one. This one is my 4th and it's flawless for now. Knock on wood, hope nothing happens to it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Any of you on this forum have the cracking issue?

I personally feel it is from a drop or some physical pressure... Mine is perfect like it was on day one.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
my iphone stays in a hard-rubber case, wrapped by a Shieldzone screen protector, held on my belt in a Seidio Leather case... this thing needs to take a bullet to be exposed to the outdoors...

josh5308

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
i noticed that my white iphone had these cracks around the headphone jack and the camera and i only had the phone for 3 days i could imagine that this would be a serious problem after a month so i called apple care and they were happy because they said they wanted to get my phone as soon as possible so they could find out why this is happening because they said they recieved over 1000 complaints they also sent me a new iphone overnight this is going to be my 3rd iphone my first one had a defective ringer switch

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Thankfully mine is fine, it was just the covering I had on.
I ripped off the invisibleshield today, as I wasn't very happy with it. The corners started to peel back and dirt got in there which made it very ugly. I'm thinking of ordering a FullBodyShield, iLounge gave it an A- and it's only 19 bucks.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
yeah, the Invisible shield BACK is horrible... the front is quite nice tho... so i use my Contour Hard Skin w/ Invisible Shield FRONT ONLY... this all slides into a Seidio 2g Iphone holder (fits perfectly, mind you).

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Noooooo.
I found a very very small crack near the headphone jack today. :(
It's really small though, you'd have to look really close to see it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My black one has cracks around the headphone jack.. i've only had it for a few weeks too...

I'm guessing this is from a lot of use and maybe a few good bumps to the headphone wire while plugged in. If I ever use it I am so careful knowing that this is possible.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
No scratches or cracks on mine, looks the same now as when I bought it. Just one or two little dust particles under the glass.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
It is really hard to put the headset in the headset jack. I have two different headsets (both designed for the iPhone) and I really have to push hard to get the jack in. I could see cracking resulting from the fact that the hole exerts pressure on the plastic as it has to accommodate for the the jack entering. It is almost as if the hole is a bit too small for the jack... just a hair too small. (I see this turning dirty.)

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
It is really hard to put the headset in the headset jack. I have two different headsets (both designed for the iPhone) and I really have to push hard to get the jack in. I could see cracking resulting from the fact that the hole exerts pressure on the plastic as it has to accommodate for the the jack entering. It is almost as if the hole is a bit too small for the jack... just a hair too small. (I see this turning dirty.)

I also noticed this, last night I tried putting the headphones that came with my iPhone into the headset jack and it was pretty hard to put it in, I definitely could also see pressure cracks from this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal