Votes: 49 90.7%
  • Cracked...

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I am glad that they replaced your phone. I just noticed on Friday that mine had a crack developing by the silence switch. I call in (as the closest apple store is 3 hours away for me) and they said that they didn't think it would be covered. But I told the guy on the phone that there are posts everywhere (not only on their forum but others as well) and he said he would check came back and said that it would be covered. So I am hoping that they will replace it. Now I just have to take of my invisible shield. :(

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I sent my cracked phone in on Tuesday Got there Wednesday and not I have a NEW iPhone in my hands. I am so glad that they replaced it. Why to go Apple with that quick service. You get an A+ from me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I sent my cracked phone in on Tuesday Got there Wednesday and not I have a NEW iPhone in my hands. I am so glad that they replaced it. Why to go Apple with that quick service. You get an A+ from me.

Good to hear! Apple really does have great customer service. At least in my experiences. Hopefully this one works out better for you!

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I have a crack or two. It was certainly *not* abuse. However, I have not heard of anyone's iPhone actually falling apart from cracks, or even having anything more than tiny hairlines that are barely noticeable. If it gets worse I will replace it. If not, it's nothing I can't live with.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I just blogged about that as well. That is just crazy. People need lives! I have yet to hear of a case where Apple told people tough luck if they had some sort of crack. And more than likely abuse was the cause!

Mine is cracked near the headphone jack and the less noticeable "spider cracks" near the ringer switch which are not my fault, but the hassle of replacing it and syncing all my music over isn't worth it. And with my Slider Case it's really that noticeable. There definitely is some issue with cracking due to material, stress, something, and I'm sure Apple has recognized it and will replace it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have yet to know anyone - myself included - that has this crack issue. I still feel that *most of the cases are from abuse. Not all but most. And yes, Apple will replace it with no issues from what I understand. Unless it's obvious you did the damage.

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I can tell you my crack was not my Doing. I BABY my iPhone and i sware it seemed like one day wham there it was. It has gotten much colder here lately not sure if that played a part with it. Maybe the housing shrinking a little? Not sure.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Is this poll open for multiple votes so that if you have develped cracks in a short time after the poll had opened you can go back and re-vote that you have "cracks"?

Ya know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2