• Cracked...

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If it ain't broke..... don't fix it. The first iPhone's headphone jack was fine. Normal in and normal out. Mine is not too bad. But I'm gonna stop using them all together until Apple announces something regarding this.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Could it have been just a batch of bad iPhones??

Who knows, I will admit all of this talk I've been reading {mainly elsewhere, not here} has me a bit paranoid. So I decided to check out Apple's official forums to see what people where reporting there. Safe to say 99% of the replies to this thread are crack free. My way of looking at this if millions are sold there are bound to be some bad seeds. And these people complaining of cracks are such a small percentage if you really stop and think about it.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Is there anyone has a 3g and its "NOT" ...

***Not to mention the poll in this thread. 1 out of 28 replies reported a crack.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I think most of those are the users fault. My very small crack I think is from the headphone jack. They should have put the headphone jack up to the chrome rather than having that very small piece of plastic there.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Personally, I think most of those are the users fault. My very small crack I think is from the headphone jack. They should have put the headphone jack up to the chrome rather than having that very small piece of plastic there.

I'd agree with you 100%. But then you have people respond to that with something like this... "Speak for yourself! I've babied my phone and it's never been out of it's case and it's cracked!' or "I opened my box and it was cracked!".

But yeah I agree... people stop abusing your phone...

Levyesq#IM

Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
Well, I already voted no cracking, but I developed a crack on the small piece of plastic by the sound on/off switch. They replaced the phone - I was told by Applecare that they want you to make the appointment at the Genius Bar through them - they quizzed me on whether I had dropped it (no) and whether I used a case (yes). No abuse involved, but my switch was always extra tight until it cracked. Now I wonder if I should have replaced it with a black one. Any reports of the black plastic cracking?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well, I already voted no cracking, but I developed a crack on the small piece of plastic by the sound on/off switch. They replaced the phone - I was told by Applecare that they want you to make the appointment at the Genius Bar through them - they quizzed me on whether I had dropped it (no) and whether I used a case (yes). No abuse involved, but my switch was always extra tight until it cracked. Now I wonder if I should have replaced it with a black one. Any reports of the black plastic cracking?

Yes, reports of both cracking. Glad my on/off button is not tight...

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
No cracks on mine. I have a black one. I use my earbuds everyday. I have worked very hard to be very careful with mine. It is kinda a tight fit when pulling the headphones out but I guess that's good, it could be the other way around and the headphone jack could keep falling out or is loose.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i actually have funny little markings right inside of the chrome detail around the screen near the very top of the screen. going to take it back to them, tomorrow.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I just noticed some cracks on the iPhone case at the bottom of the phone (where I plug is the charger/sync cable). Actually, just one crack that is about 2mm long (give or take).

What is the Apple/Att policy for these cracks? I bought my phone at an ATT store, and haven't dropped it or anything - just normal wear and tear. Will they replace it? Should I bring it to AT&T, or call Apple directly? (There is no Apple store near me).

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just noticed some cracks on the iPhone case at the bottom of the phone (where I plug is the charger/sync cable). Actually, just one crack that is about 2mm long (give or take).

What is the Apple/Att policy for these cracks? I bought my phone at an ATT store, and haven't dropped it or anything - just normal wear and tear. Will they replace it? Should I bring it to AT&T, or call Apple directly? (There is no Apple store near me).

Chris

I want to say you will have to bring it in to a Apple Store or send it in to Apple. I don't think AT&T will be able to help you out. Call Apple ASAP.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Well, I called to send it in. The guy said he didn't know if it would be considered "warrantee eligable" - ie, normal wear and tear, or if it was user damage.

I am hoping it will get repaired/replaced. If not, I guess I will have to break out the super glue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well, I called to send it in. The guy said he didn't know if it would be considered "warrantee eligable" - ie, normal wear and tear, or if it was user damage.

I am hoping it will get repaired/replaced. If not, I guess I will have to break out the super glue.

That does not sound too promising... good luck man... :(

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't sound good. I get the feeling if I could go to an Apple Store, I might have better success, but the closest Apple store is about 4 or 5 hours away.

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed about the famous Apple customer service.

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, it doesn't sound good. I get the feeling if I could go to an Apple Store, I might have better success, but the closest Apple store is about 4 or 5 hours away.

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed about the famous Apple customer service.

Chris

Keep us posted.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yay, they gave me a new phone!

I am setting it up from my backup now. Now I just have to decide if I want to jailbreak again. :)

I am curious - is this a refurbished phone, or a new one? Anyway to tell?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2