Can anyone help me?

The bottom row of my keyboard is frozen. None of the keys (shift,z,x,c,v,n,m delete) recognize touches. I think that this whole "zone" on the phone is dead.

It's an original 4Gig phone running v2.1.

I have restored it completely and still stuck. Anyone have any ideas/solutions to getting these keys back? The thing is semi worthless without the abiliity to type.....

Thank you.
    10-24-2008 12:13 AM
    I'm guessing your warranty is over? If so I think it's toast man. Especially if you restored it completely and it still does it. Sorry man.
    10-24-2008 02:10 AM
    Man that sucks dude. Hopefully you have an extended warranty with Apple. After doing all the restores Ash is right. It's probably toast. But u never know maybe some technician at an Apple store can fix it. It's worth a try.
    10-24-2008 03:18 AM
    Didn't get an extended warranty. It was well past a one year period when this happened. My guess it that it's a hardware and not a software issue since restore attempt produced no results. I gave up on it and bought a 16Gig 3G.

I may take it into an Apple retail to see if they can fix it somehow there. I dunno. Until I do, I am going to jailbreak it and play with it that way.

I suppose after jailbreaking it, I probably shouldn't bring it into an Apple store .

Anybody else have any ideas, let me know. I use it for WiFi still.

Does anyone know applications that use a landscpe keyboard? If I can switch from portrait to landscape keys, I can use all of the keys. Brilliant, I tell ya, Brilliant!

Please suggest apps that use landscape keyboard. Email, SMS primarily. Thanks.
    10-24-2008 06:24 PM
    Look at the bright side!! Perfect upgrade excuse
    10-25-2008 12:03 AM
    Didn't get an extended warranty. It was well past a one year period when this happened. My guess it that it's a hardware and not a software issue since restore attempt produced no results. I gave up on it and bought a 16Gig 3G.

I may take it into an Apple retail to see if they can fix it somehow there. I dunno. Until I do, I am going to jailbreak it and play with it that way.

I suppose after jailbreaking it, I probably shouldn't bring it into an Apple store .

Anybody else have any ideas, let me know. I use it for WiFi still.

Does anyone know applications that use a landscpe keyboard? If I can switch from portrait to landscape keys, I can use all of the keys. Brilliant, I tell ya, Brilliant!

Please suggest apps that use landscape keyboard. Email, SMS primarily. Thanks.
    There isn't an app that does landscape for SMS, but Firemail works well with email.

Also, if you jailbreak it and then decide to bring it into Apple, just restore it and you'll be golden.
    10-25-2008 01:13 PM
    bump then lurk as soon as possible---------------------------------------------------------------------------------We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling
    11-08-2008 07:21 PM
    I just experienced the same thing recently. My phone is the first generation iPhone. The whole bottom half of my screen went dead. It didn't respond to any touches. I was unable to answer any calls because the screen was dead where you slide your finger across to unlock. The display was fine, just non-responsive to touch.

Luckily my phone was still under warranty. They switched it out for another first generation iPhone. I tried talking them into giving me a credit and I'd kick in the extra cash for the 3G. They didn't go for it.

I'm going to grind it out with this phone and hopefully wait for the next version of the iPhone to be available!
    11-08-2008 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD