Wish iPhone texting looked more like ymail texting

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I was in my ymail account today and had a friendly popup notify me that I could send text from my ymail account. So I gave it a try and it's actually pretty nice. Just finish writing a small post on my blog, but thought it was somewhat interesting and wanted to see what you guys thought about it and if you think the following 2 additions I mention below would be welcome on the iPhone.

It's similar to the iPhone look, but I really like 2 main things...
- Grouping of text sent from the same person before a response. I know MSN Live and gmail do this now as well for IM'n and I love it!
- Individual timestamps. I know this isn't a big deal, but a few times this would have come in handy.

ytext1.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
With jailbreaking you can change the look of almost anything including the text bubbles. Take a look in the jailbreaking forums and look up winterboard.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, I've thought about jailbreaking, but since I'm self employed my cellphone is my lifeline and I just don't feel comfortable with jailbreaking.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bad Ash did you jailbreak yet?

My iPhone is currently not jailbroken. I go back and forth a lot. Trying different things. I've been using my Treo Pro a lot lately. That's not to say I'm not around jailbroken iPhones. My girlfriends is jailbroken and unlocked on T-mobile. So most of my testing gets done on that phone lately.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I can give you a virtual tour, if you'd like... I can just email you pictures as I take them, or something like that...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711