I have noticed that over the past week, there has been in increase in the number of times I have been running an application and I have been kicked back out to the home screen. This has happened both with apps I have installed, as well as native apps (like Safari).

I am running firmware 2.1, jailbroken.

Any ideas? One of the websites I was viewing when it happened in safari was realtor.com. Also, it was happening when I was planing fieldrunners last night - about 3 or 4 times!

I have tried turning my phone on and off, but that doesn't seem to help.

Chris
    10-22-2008 10:13 AM
    What about a soft reset? I'm sure you have but I'm just checking.
    10-22-2008 11:00 AM
    Yeah, I have done that as well.

It would happen occasionally before, but it seems like the frequency has increased over the last week or so.
    10-22-2008 11:06 AM
    I had problems with Winterboard and Safari before. Are you jailbroken?
    10-22-2008 11:35 AM
    I had problems with Winterboard and Safari before. Are you jailbroken?
    According to his post he is. But I've never had issues with Winterboard that would create his issue.
    10-22-2008 12:06 PM
    I also have had this issue, with and without Winterboard. Not sure what the issue is, but a soft reset doesn't stop the issue.
    10-22-2008 12:27 PM
    May not have been winterboard, then...

I have had problems with some websites that make safari crash. For example, I was posting on another forum that is very graphic heavy and I crashed every time I tried to post a reply. My keyboard would lag very bad and then safari would crash. I don't know if it was the graphics or something else about the page, but I was unable to use it. No flash on the page, just ornate borders and headers.
    10-22-2008 01:37 PM
    I have the exact same problem with Safari, both with a jailbroken (no winterboard) and unjailbroken phone. After a certain amount of web surfing, Safari would get slower and slower to respond, and, eventually, would crash. Twice, it has locked up to the point I had to do a hard reset, though typically it just dumps me out of Safari. At this point, I would estimate that about 35-40% of my Safari sessions end with a crash. I do visit a lot of javascript-heavy sites, and I frequently launch Safari from NetNewsWire, but I have not been able to notice any definitive pattern leading to these crashes.
    10-27-2008 02:11 PM
    I'm new to the iPhone, maybe 2 months. I've recently noticed this with 2.02 and the Facebook app on my phone. How does one soft reset the iPhone? I'll try that first.
    12-10-2008 08:32 AM
    I have jailbrkn unlocked 3g 2.2 & safari keeps crashing on
    Yahoo and other news sites. I've noticed it's getting
    worse.
    Any ideas?

Rory
    01-17-2009 04:54 PM
    Have you tried clearing your cache, history and then tried a reset?
    01-18-2009 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD