Random booting out of a program

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have noticed that over the past week, there has been in increase in the number of times I have been running an application and I have been kicked back out to the home screen. This has happened both with apps I have installed, as well as native apps (like Safari).

I am running firmware 2.1, jailbroken.

Any ideas? One of the websites I was viewing when it happened in safari was realtor.com. Also, it was happening when I was planing fieldrunners last night - about 3 or 4 times!

I have tried turning my phone on and off, but that doesn't seem to help.

Chris

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I have done that as well.

It would happen occasionally before, but it seems like the frequency has increased over the last week or so.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I also have had this issue, with and without Winterboard. Not sure what the issue is, but a soft reset doesn't stop the issue.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
May not have been winterboard, then...

I have had problems with some websites that make safari crash. For example, I was posting on another forum that is very graphic heavy and I crashed every time I tried to post a reply. My keyboard would lag very bad and then safari would crash. I don't know if it was the graphics or something else about the page, but I was unable to use it. No flash on the page, just ornate borders and headers.

gludington

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with Safari, both with a jailbroken (no winterboard) and unjailbroken phone. After a certain amount of web surfing, Safari would get slower and slower to respond, and, eventually, would crash. Twice, it has locked up to the point I had to do a hard reset, though typically it just dumps me out of Safari. At this point, I would estimate that about 35-40% of my Safari sessions end with a crash. I do visit a lot of javascript-heavy sites, and I frequently launch Safari from NetNewsWire, but I have not been able to notice any definitive pattern leading to these crashes.

jdtoyou

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone, maybe 2 months. I've recently noticed this with 2.02 and the Facebook app on my phone. How does one soft reset the iPhone? I'll try that first.

rorytate

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Me too...

I have jailbrkn unlocked 3g 2.2 & safari keeps crashing on
Yahoo and other news sites. I've noticed it's getting
worse.
Any ideas?

Rory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads