I want to buy an iPhone - but, I can't.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
I have a corporate issued BB. The company pays the cell bills and we use a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) for all the devices. I am on ATT.

I can't make any changes to my account. :mad:

Does anyone know if I jailbreak an iPhone (gen1 or 3G) - could I use it on the ATT network by simply swapping my current SIM out and then be able to get calls & use the internet?

Thanks,

Dim-Ize

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Good advice. But, I'm going to try it anyway. I don't want to change my account. I just want to change my device. We have full instructions on our web-board for setting up EAS on the iPhone.

But, the more I read about it - I just don't think it will work - even on an unlocked jailbroken phone. I think if you try to put a SIM in the iPhone that is activated for use on a BES plan, it will just work with voice and not data.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
That's a good suggestion, Reaktor5. Thanks.

But, I really wanted to get the EAS working and shelve the BlackBerry. I don't have WiFi in the car or in allot of places - so, I think I'm just stuck with RIM until the company changes the policy.

txschafers

Feb 27, 2005
Visit site
I have a corporate issued BB. The company pays the cell bills and we use a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) for all the devices. I am on ATT.

I can't make any changes to my account. :mad:

Does anyone know if I jailbreak an iPhone (gen1 or 3G) - could I use it on the ATT network by simply swapping my current SIM out and then be able to get calls & use the internet?

Thanks,

Dim-Ize

Yes you can...I am in the SAME situation and I have on several occassions swaped my BB SIM and put it in my iPhone 3G. It works perfectly. I am not sure about visual voice mail as I have not tested that. But all my internet, e-mail and phone functions work perectly.

Dim-Ize

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Yes you can...I am in the SAME situation and I have on several occassions swaped my BB SIM and put it in my iPhone 3G. It works perfectly. I am not sure about visual voice mail as I have not tested that. But all my internet, e-mail and phone functions work perectly.

Okay - now this is GREAT news!

So, you have an iPhone 3G, but your primary device is an ATT BlackBerry? You take your SIM out of your BlackBerry and install it into the iPhone without having an iPhone plan on ATT and it works fine?

Do you have an unlocked phone and is it jailbroken in order to get this to work on ATT?

Oh man - this is giving me hope. I don't care about visual voicemail. I just care about having internet access and having my phone work. I can setup EAS per the instructions I have on my IT side.

Last edited:

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about your companies policies, but most would get pretty pissed if you take THEIR SIM out of THEIR phone and put it in your own device. It is their property you have to remember that. Just a heads up, because it might not be worth getting fired over just to use a different phone.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about your companies policies, but most would get pretty pissed if you take THEIR SIM out of THEIR phone and put it in your own device. It is their property you have to remember that. Just a heads up, because it might not be worth getting fired over just to use a different phone.

Amen. I was on a corporate plan with a blackberry and BES. AFTER CHECKING with IT, they said no problem. We're on an Exchange server and ActiveSync does work flawlessly with the 3G iPhone (except for no tasks & notes yet :mad: ). But some IT departments are not sold on anything but a BB for security reasons and/or policy enforcement. Their BB is 100% dependent on the BES for web access, data security, etc. Some companies might not be willing to give that up to the user completely.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711