When do you expect the 2.2 firmware to drop?

When will the 2.2 firmware be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Before the holiday season, sometime in November.

EDIT: No basis for this guess :)

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm going to go with January. There's only been 1 beta so far, and it didn't even -- yet -- have Push Notification re-enabled. I'd rather they take their time, get it rock solid, and roll it out with the notification service.

However, I think it's very likely we'll see one, maybe even two 2.1.x releases between now and 2.2's debut... at Macworld?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm going to go with January. There's only been 1 beta so far, and it didn't even -- yet -- have Push Notification re-enabled. I'd rather they take their time, get it rock solid, and roll it out with the notification service.

However, I think it's very likely we'll see one, maybe even two 2.1.x releases between now and 2.2's debut... at Macworld?

I went with January as well but I have a feeling we will go right to 2.2 and skip all that other garbage. Now if we kept seeing major bugs that needed a good fixin... well then I'd say we'd see 2.1.x.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I was thinking we would see it in November with some new features to combat the release of the new nokia and storm, but haven't heard much news on this in a couple weeks so I'm starting to think it might not make it by November.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna say December. Hopefully when the Storm comes out, Apple decides to add some things that should already be on the phone.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing (HOPING) for December, as a nice holiday gift from Apple.

Actually, I don't care so much WHEN it's coming but more, WHAT will 2.2 contain. Don't disappoint us, Apple...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2