TiPb AT WORK Week 3: Vote For Your Favorite Remote Desktop/VNC Apps... And Win!

Which Remote Desktop/VNC App Do You Want Reviewed App vs. App?

• Total voters

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It?s time for TiPb to get back to business, and that means a new contest with even more App Store apps, more TiPb reviews, and more ways for you ? our readers ? to win? AT WORK!

This week, and for the next few weeks, we?re going to review 2 business/productivity Apps head-to-head and app-vs-app. But here?s the twist: there are so many Apps, we can?t decide which ones to review. So the TiPb iPhone Forum will decide for us!

We're posting this poll containing the candidates for review. You vote on your favorites and we?ll review the top two. Voting closes on Saturday. And here's the kicker: Anyone who votes has a chance to win... the winning App! (Technically: an iTunes App Store gift certificate in the amount of the winning productivity app).

Contest details can be found on the blog.

This week it's Remote Desktop/VNC Apps, so what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Win Remote has made using my laptop so much easier when I'm on the sofa - now I can sit back in comfort and don't get so much backache plus, there's no software download needed for my laptop. The only problem I've found, is that it was designed using a German keyboard layout so some keys (such as ? ' @) don't work. I did email the dev but I'm still waiting for him to upload the corrections to the server.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Jaadu looks great, but until the iPhone has some type of encryption it's probably not that safe to use this kind of app.

intrinicity

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Remote Desktop Protocol

All these these apps seem to function on a VNC type basis, where you need a server app running on the PC. Have you guys seen anything come thru that uses RDP (port 3389) as the method of controlling the remote PC? I couldn't find anything in your list (mind you, I couldn't find Win Admin).

Update: Win Admin is the answer, just not in Australia. We just have to wait ... :(

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Jaadu and Mocha look to be the winners!

(Get your friends voting, people. We need much more controversial races than this. Ye gods, don't you watch cable news?! :) )

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I was a fan of Win Remote but this thread has got me looking seriously at Jaadu. Although the full version is a bit pricey, it looks really good so I just might splash out on it.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Forum winner announced here Tuesday by Bad Ash. App vs. App review on the blog Wednesday by iChadman, along with last week's blog winner, and another chance to win the App by commenting on the review.

Dang, and these are some expensive Apps! Go get 'em people!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711