Lately I've been recognizing that my iPhone 2g speakers are turning to crap. They've gotten so bad that when my iPhone is in my pocket and the speakers are turned all the way up it's still hard to hear. I'm not sure if the speakers are just blown, or what's going on but If anyone knows how to resolve this help me.
    10-11-2008 05:53 PM
    If your iPhone is less than a year old bring it into the Apple store. They would more than likely replace it for you. Of course with the same model, not a 3g.
    10-11-2008 10:10 PM
    Like Ash said, take it into a Apple store if possible.
    10-12-2008 03:34 PM
    I do believe the speaker on the 2G isn't as loud as the one on the 3G. That said, I sometimes struggle to hear even the 3G here's hoping for full on 5.1 and earthshattering subwoofer on the next iteration...
    10-12-2008 04:31 PM
    I do believe the speaker on the 2G isn't as loud as the one on the 3G. That said, I sometimes struggle to hear even the 3G here's hoping for full on 5.1 and earthshattering subwoofer on the next iteration...
    While it is not as loud as the 3g's speaker it should not be so low that you struggle to hear it.

Is the sound distorted at all?
    10-12-2008 07:13 PM
    I have a 2g and had horrendous low sound from the speakers and earpiece, what i did was to take a dental pick and pick out all the dirt and junk that accumulates in the speaker holes, then lightly blew it out and it was 10 times louder!...try that.
    06-25-2009 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD