Votes: 96 38.6%
  • Hey, Apple, more options!?

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

ihateallex

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
I will when I hear about a friend's getting stolen

I don't right now. I have never lost a phone or gotten it stolen. With an iPhone, I'm reaching for it like every 3 minutes anyway.

But when I hear that my friend's had his stolen (hopefully it's not the other way around with one my friends), I might consider password protecting it.

It's an inconvenience that isn't necessary.

patrickbballer

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
i dnt keep any personal personal personal info in my iphone anyways. other than maybe the app store and buying stuff on that there isnt really anything that someone can do with the information in my phone. i hope lol.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I do, after 5 minutes. I figure that is long enough. If I am doing something and just put the phone down quickly, it won't lock. But if I have set it down for an extended period of time, it will.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Definitely passcode-lock. I did this with my old Treo as well. Even though my iPhone never leaves my side, you can never be too sure about thieves and hackers...maybe in 2.2, there'll be an auto self-destruct? ;)

Last edited:

kraig

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Mine does immediately and always will. I hate people going through my stuff and only give the code to my close friends. One nice feature would be the ability to have any length passcode. My old passcode on my Nokia used to be 11 digits. But yeah, I have always had some security on my phones.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Company exchange policy mandates no longer than 1 hour before it locks. I don't mind it though, as my phone has been known to slip out of my pocket and take a cab ride without me...

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I keep mine locked because sometimes at work I leave it at my desk on accident when I step out for a few minutes. I try to keep my phone on me at all times as well, but sometimes I forget :)

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I keep mine locked because sometimes at work I leave it at my desk on accident when I step out for a few minutes. I try to keep my phone on me at all times as well, but sometimes I forget :)

I am with you on that one, only at home though so far. If you have people around they can get nosey!

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't. My iphone is always on me, I have NEVER lost a phone and don't plan to.

+1. Consultant's commandments when traveling:

1) Thou shalt have thy cell phone with thee 24/7/365
2) Thou shalt check thy pockets after TSA to ensureth thou hast retrived thy cell phone and wallet (the most important contents being DL and corporate AmEx card).
3) Anything else I can live without or replace via begging, borrowing or buying. Laptop data is encrypted on the machine and backed up daily online. But as long as I have my iPhone, a photo ID and plastic, I'm good to go. :p

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
+1. Consultant's commandments when traveling:

1) Thou shalt have thy cell phone with thee 24/7/365
2) Thou shalt check thy pockets after TSA to ensureth thou hast retrived thy cell phone and wallet (the most important contents being DL and corporate AmEx card).
3) Anything else I can live without or replace via begging, borrowing or buying. Laptop data is encrypted on the machine and backed up daily online. But as long as I have my iPhone, a photo ID and plastic, I'm good to go. :p

As a fellow consultant, I agree, and would add:

4) Thy iPhone/iPod shall always be charged on Sunday evening and Thursday morning.
5) Thou shalt add new podcast/albums/videos on Sunday to thy library and sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh