View Poll Results: Do you Passcode Lock Your iPhone?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately?

40 15.94%
  • After 1 min?

30 11.95%
  • After 5 min?

43 17.13%
  • After 15 min?

16 6.37%
  • After 1 hour?

14 5.58%
  • After 4 hours?

2 0.80%
  • Never?

97 38.65%
  • Hey, Apple, more options!?

9 3.59%
    Right now... rocking it password-less. Like Navi said, too much time. If I lose it, I'll wipe it with MoMe.
    08-09-2009 02:49 AM
    Which would work if it hasn't been placed in airplane mode. Just a FYI that airplane mode will kill any remote wipe or tracking features from working.
    08-09-2009 03:12 AM
    I lock it after I'm done with it. Like right after I'm done I lock it and put it in my pocket. But I also have 1 click unlock (no pass-code) and the only people that touch my phone besides me are my friends, mostly the friends that are girls cause they like playing with things (no pun intended). And if anyone touches my phone for no reason like its next to me and they just pick it up and I don't know them or their intentions I'd immediately punch them in the face... hard....
    08-09-2009 04:57 AM
    I locked it but got annoyed with having to enter the number each time I'd check my email. So, I'm torn. I just keep it with me. I think with MobileMe I can wipe it if it gets stolen anyhow.
    08-09-2009 02:28 PM
    I used to have it locked all the time. Then I started to use my IPhone in the car for music & it got annoying unlocking it all the time to switch to another song. I am a security freak so I feel a little bit more sercure that I have MobileMe remote wipe. If I do loose it I can always use remote wipe or the location feature to find the a$@ who tried to steal my iPhone. Good discussion
    08-10-2009 12:50 AM
    I allways have my iPhone on me. Still, that's no excuse for me, I allways lock it. You only need to missplace it the once. I also have it set to wipe after 10 wrong atempts. In my mind it keeps the phone safe untill I get to phone o2 and they block it. I have never locked any of my old phones, yet it's second nature to type a code in now. I'd pay good money to have a chip in the phone that I could send a signal to from my laptop that burnt out the motherbord. Better still a small but significant explosion to kill the thieving b@stard who nicked it. LOL
    08-10-2009 09:33 AM
    I don't lock mine since it's with me at all times but most of my friends lock there's I
    imidiately after they are done.
    08-12-2009 12:05 AM
    I used to have a lock on it, but now that I play the World War app 24/7 it takes too long to open up.
    08-12-2009 12:16 AM
    For a year or more, I did not lock my phone. I never locked my Treo. I think that Apple's design is good and that unlocking is easy. In fact, My phone is set to lock after two minutes but I use it so intensively that it rarely locks. On the other hand, I use it for lot's of sensitive things, many personal and a few intimate.

I recently lost a laptop off of the roof of my car; it was hibernated and the password file was open. It was an old laptop being used as a netbook, not current, but certainly contained enough data to facilitate transaction or application fraud. A witness reported that she had seen "a guy pick it up and go east." While I had it back within minutes of missing it, those were scary minutes.

I would rather lock my iPhone than have to worry about what I put on it.
    Last edited by whmurray; 08-12-2009 at 01:14 AM.
    08-12-2009 01:02 AM
    I locked it but got annoyed with having to enter the number each time I'd check my email. So, I'm torn. I just keep it with me. I think with MobileMe I can wipe it if it gets stolen anyhow.
    Just bump up the time to lock.
    08-12-2009 01:18 AM
    I most definitely DO! What is ONE second of inconvenience to a lifetime of hurt!
    08-12-2009 08:24 AM
    Yes - so that my friends's kids can't drain the battery playing bubble wrap
    08-20-2009 10:16 AM
    I don't. My iphone is always on me, I have NEVER lost a phone and don't plan to.
    But does anyone "PLAN" on losing their phone?
    08-20-2009 10:26 AM
    I can just see it now.. losing it.. or downright getting it stolen and someone posting on my facebook, twitter.. (like that one woman's story)or worst emailing all my business clients with photos..of.. :o:o ...nevermind.
    08-20-2009 12:12 PM
    My life is on my iPhone, of course I password lock it. I can't imagine the damage that could be done if someone malicious got a hold of it.
    08-20-2009 12:28 PM
    I dont , I never have my phone out of my reach .
    08-21-2009 01:36 PM
    its always locked unless i am directly using it. im always worried ill lose it and someone will have all my contacts. the only time i dont have it with me is when im at work randomly running around the office building.
    08-21-2009 02:18 PM
    I didn't but now that it has more info on it I am going to but set the timelock higher than most
    08-21-2009 11:08 PM
    hell yea if someone steals my phone I don't want them to have the pleasure of using it
    08-22-2009 01:05 AM
    I try to use passcode, but after about 2 days, I get irritated w/ entering a passcode.

I do, however, reactivate that feature if I'm going to a bar or a crowded place, just in case. If I'm at home or just with a few friends, I don't typically bother.

I DO want Apple to implement something to where people can not just switch the find my iPhone feature off.

That should require a passcode for sure. Preferably longer than 4 numbers. If someone knows about that feature, it's useless and they'll just turn it right off. I want to be able to prevent them from doing that without having a passcode on the device. You should need to type in a passcode to be able to turn it off at all.
    08-22-2009 02:55 AM
    This may belong in the Help subforum, but since we are discussing Passcode ...

My company requires me to use a strong passcode (max reset time 1 hr). The problem is that when an incoming call comes in, I have to enter the passcode to access the numeric phone keypad.

This is especially a problem for using Google Voice, where one has to select 1 or 2 upfront to accept or reject calls. I run out of time sometimes, like when I'm driving, to do this and the call goes to Voicemail.

Any hints on how to get to the phone numeric pad quickly on incoming phone calls?
    08-22-2009 07:50 AM
    i have it ON every 4 hours...just in case
    08-24-2009 04:31 PM
    Yes absolutely
    08-24-2009 10:53 PM
    I choose not to complicate things. I use passcode lock immediately. And when a call comes in I just swipe to answer or I push on my Bluetooth button to answer. Don't want to mess with other apps that aren't that easy as was pointed out a few posts up with google voice.
    08-25-2009 12:11 AM
    Always lock because of text conversations or media that I don't want family members to see should they decide to pick up my phone and try to access it
    08-25-2009 02:37 PM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD