• Never?

Votes: 96 38.6%
  • Hey, Apple, more options!?

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm not worried about my phone being stolen, but I do enjoy the comfort of knowing that nobody can pick up my phone and go through it. I'm fairly young (19) so it's pretty common for my friends to pick up my phone, but only a very select few pick it up for more than a second since the passcode shuts most of them down in a hurry. A few of my friends have also become quite addicted to a few of the games on my phone, so the passcode keeps them from picking up my phone and playing when I don't want them to be.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I never used to. But with phones being stolen or lost and with valuable personal information on my phone, I started passcode locking it a few months ago and it does not bother me at all.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I most definitely use the passcode lock. If the phone were stolen it may afford me more time to activate the find my phone feature and either locate it or wipe it. I know I know. Theif can just turn the phone off. Bit I am gambling on the fact that the theif is not so clever. If the would be theif were clever he/she wouldn't be stealing in the first place.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Nope, there is only one person that ever uses my phone; ME. My friends are actual friends won't steal my phone, if I am out it is either in my pocket or in my hand; never set it down.

Last edited:

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I passcoded before 3.0 to prevent text message contents popping thru when I was in an app...that's really the only time anyone else (eg kids playing a game) has my phone.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I only passcode lock it when I'm in unfamiliar places or situations (traveling away from home or out of the country, late night with friends). And I usually forget to even then. So I have to say I almost never do. I'm good about taking care of my iphone.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I passlock my phone at 5 minutes. Just like I lock my house and car.

If the phone is not locked, when someone finds it remote wipe could be useless. The first thing the thief is going to do is turn on airplane mode.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I do all the time. Just because I have all my email accounts, bookmarks for websites that have my password stored in them, personal calendar, an a whole lot of other personal data; my device is part of my life, I think if lost my device, the person would learn a lot about me in seconds. also I know ppl that uses their iPhone as a diary; I don't but ppl do.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Right now... rocking it password-less. Like Navi said, too much time. If I lose it, I'll wipe it with MoMe.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Which would work if it hasn't been placed in airplane mode. Just a FYI that airplane mode will kill any remote wipe or tracking features from working.

The_strain

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I lock it after I'm done with it. Like right after I'm done I lock it and put it in my pocket. But I also have 1 click unlock (no pass-code) and the only people that touch my phone besides me are my friends, mostly the friends that are girls cause they like playing with things (no pun intended). And if anyone touches my phone for no reason like its next to me and they just pick it up and I don't know them or their intentions I'd immediately punch them in the face... hard....

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
I locked it but got annoyed with having to enter the number each time I'd check my email. So, I'm torn. I just keep it with me. I think with MobileMe I can wipe it if it gets stolen anyhow.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I used to have it locked all the time. Then I started to use my IPhone in the car for music & it got annoying unlocking it all the time to switch to another song. I am a security freak so I feel a little bit more sercure that I have MobileMe remote wipe. If I do loose it I can always use remote wipe or the location feature to find the a$@ who tried to steal my iPhone. Good discussion :)

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I allways have my iPhone on me. Still, that's no excuse for me, I allways lock it. You only need to missplace it the once. I also have it set to wipe after 10 wrong atempts. In my mind it keeps the phone safe untill I get to phone o2 and they block it. I have never locked any of my old phones, yet it's second nature to type a code in now. I'd pay good money to have a chip in the phone that I could send a signal to from my laptop that burnt out the motherbord. Better still a small but significant explosion to kill the thieving b@stard who nicked it. LOL :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
For a year or more, I did not lock my phone. I never locked my Treo. I think that Apple's design is good and that unlocking is easy. In fact, My phone is set to lock after two minutes but I use it so intensively that it rarely locks. On the other hand, I use it for lot's of sensitive things, many personal and a few intimate.

I recently lost a laptop off of the roof of my car; it was hibernated and the password file was open. It was an old laptop being used as a netbook, not current, but certainly contained enough data to facilitate transaction or application fraud. A witness reported that she had seen "a guy pick it up and go east." While I had it back within minutes of missing it, those were scary minutes.

I would rather lock my iPhone than have to worry about what I put on it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh