Votes: 96 38.6%
  • Hey, Apple, more options!?

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say more like "Thy iPhone shall always be charged everyday at lunch and at night."

Ture, although for a consultant that is flyinh out Monday morning and flying back Thursday afternoon, #4 applies directly to them! :D

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
The endless battle between security and convenience :)

I do not passcode lock my phone. But thats my philosophy in general :D

I also do not:
1) Lock my doors.
2) Look around before using the ATM.
3) Cook my steak all the way.
4) Wash my hands 30 times a day.
5) Or avoid dark alleys.

Life is not enjoyable if you are always freaking out about everything! Relax,,,,,, have some undercooked chicken in a John boat 30 miles from shore 20 minutes before sunset :D and Quit checking the locks on your front door 10 times before bed and leave your iphone to fend for itself.

rafayj

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
Certainly I do passcode. It gives me a protection of my secret data and gives me the assurity that no one else can view it without my permission :).

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
So in the unfortunate event that you are separated from your iPhone by either loosing or stolen, What steps should be taken after the fact to protect your data if no lock code is in place? I can think of 3:

1. If you have Exchange account have Admin perform a Remote Wipe (not sure if this wipes exchange data only or the whole phone)

2. Change you Gmail or mail password. Also passwords in other apps like Pageonce.

3. Call AT&T an report the phone lost or stolen.

Any thing else that would be prudent?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I do not passcode lock my phone. But thats my philosophy in general :D

I also do not:
1) Lock my doors.
2) Look around before using the ATM.
3) Cook my steak all the way.
4) Wash my hands 30 times a day.
5) Or avoid dark alleys.

Life is not enjoyable if you are always freaking out about everything! Relax,,,,,, have some undercooked chicken in a John boat 30 miles from shore 20 minutes before sunset :D and Quit checking the locks on your front door 10 times before bed and leave your iphone to fend for itself.

And your still alive? Have not been robbed? Have not got sick? Been stalked? Well then you must be one lucky SOB. :p

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To passcode or not?

Whether you're a heavy iPhone user or not, do you have a passcode on your iPhone?

Sometimes I feel that I'm using it so much, I spend more time entering a passcode to get into it...

What say you?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
if you're in an exchange environment it's a requirement to be able to wipe it.

for me, it's a basic security feature. someone can't steal the phone and use it without taking the time to wipe it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't have enough secure conscious items on my phone to warrant a password. Oh no, they see texts between my girlfriend and I. If I lose my phone I change my mail password and the mail client is no long valid. That's the only info on my phone that MIGHT contain the slightest bit of confidential data.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Good point! And, I guess in my case, since I use nuevasync if I changed the password on my account, that would cause my Mail, Calendar and Contacts to not work!

Priceless...

I don't have enough secure conscious items on my phone to warrant a password. Oh no, they see texts between my girlfriend and I. If I lose my phone I change my mail password and the mail client is no long valid. That's the only info on my phone that MIGHT contain the slightest bit of confidential data.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No passcode here either like others have said I don't have any sensitive data that would be a big deal if the phone was stolen. I tried a passcode on an old phone awhile ago and boy was it a pain. The new OS update is supposed to disable a theif from just wiping the phone if there is a passcode so after that I may put the passcode on.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, what generated this question was I was watching a Larry Greenberg review\video today, and noticed that he didn't have a password/passcode set.

I know he probably doesn't have one, since he'd have to cover his screen for each video he started, etc, etc...

But then it dawned on my how often I pick up my iPhone to use it, and thus have to enter the code. Sometimes I pick it up, use it, and within 1-2 minutes I've got it in my hand using it again...

Thus my initial question...

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
the iPhone contains everything for me. personal email, bank/atm information, passwords to everything, client contact numbers, and a ton of texts i don't need my friends prying in. passcode lock is a no-brainer for me. waaaaay too much info.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
never lost a phone anywhere then in my own home lol and never leave it anywhere it could be stolen. i use it too often the passcode would be too inconvenient although i might invest in a mobile me account for that remote wipe just incase :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen