View Poll Results: Which Instant Messengers Do You Want to See Reviewed App vs. App?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AOL AIM

4 12.90%
  • BeeJiveIM

13 41.94%
  • IM + All-In-One Messenger

7 22.58%
  • Palringo IM

7 22.58%
  • WebMessenger

0 0%
    All play and no work makes TiPb pretty happy really. But with the GRAND PRIX done and the great prizes won, its time for us to get back to business, and that means a new contest with even more App Store apps, more TiPb reviews, and more ways for you our readers to win AT WORK!

Once a week for the next few weeks were going to review 2 business/productivity Apps head-to-head and app-vs-app. But heres the twist: there are so many Apps, we cant decide which ones to review. So the TiPb iPhone Forum will decide for us!

Every Thursday well be posting a poll up in the forums containing the candidates for review. You vote on your favorites and well review the top two. Voting closes on Saturday, and we review on Wednesday. Based on our review scores, were going to pick the winner of the head-to-head and TWO of you, are going to win that app! (Technically: an iTunes App Store gift certificate in the amount of the winning productivity app).

TWO of you? Yup, each week, one TiPb iPhone Forum member who votes (or posts on the thread) and one blog reader who leaves a comment on the review will EACH win a copy of the winning App!

We'll announce the Forum winner next week when you we launch the next poll. (First winner announced on second poll, second winner on third poll, etc.) So make sure you hit them all!

One more thing: TiPb reserves the right to throw a final twist in at the end.

Contest details can be found on the blog.

So what are you waiting for? Get voting!
    10-02-2008 11:51 AM
    Hello!! Already voted, Palringo owns :P Btw I would like to ask how do we get our prizes in case we won the last GRAND PRIX :P Thank you in advance!
    10-02-2008 12:06 PM
    BeeJive....lets see if you can convince us to pony up $16 bucks!

10-02-2008 12:42 PM
    @wil

Dieter will contact all winners directly sometime this week!
    10-02-2008 01:38 PM
    I'd like to see a free one compared to a non-free one.

Chris
    10-02-2008 02:30 PM
    this is great i am really excited to see who will win.
    10-02-2008 05:01 PM
    Hello!! Already voted, Palringo owns :P Btw I would like to ask how do we get our prizes in case we won the last GRAND PRIX :P Thank you in advance!
    check your email it should be sent to u if u win.
    10-02-2008 05:02 PM
    I voted for Palringo. So far (out of the free IM's) it is the best for me. It allows you to stay online for 10 minutes or so after you close out the program. I'd like to see it compared to BeeJive but I don't have the extra $ to buy it.

Honestly though you should've waited until push notification was released to do an IM review. How the app works with push functionality will be the real test.
    10-02-2008 06:13 PM
    BeejiveIM is really sweet, once you get past the price. Most reliable by far. And yes I have them all.
    10-02-2008 09:32 PM
    Im not sure how the others work. But i enjoy the fact that atleast the AIM messenger has the convo recorded. So i can look back on what i've written in the past. Reminds me of when i used to use ICQ back in the day simply for the im recording log. Regardless, i still seem to use sms more than im apps due to the constraint of not many of my friends use these actively. Do carrier pigeons count towards IM's?
    10-02-2008 11:19 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say about BeeJive.
    10-03-2008 10:21 AM
    I keep hearing about BeeJive and would like to see a review as well.
    10-03-2008 01:21 PM
    Beehive is great my wife has it i dont yet and she loves it ive been using her phone on and off. Easy to use interface. as long as you can get past the 15.99 price on that bad boy. lol
    just waiting to get paid to pick that up my self sometime soon
    10-03-2008 01:40 PM
    BeeJive please.
    10-03-2008 03:04 PM
    I voted for IM + All-in-one messenger but I would like to see it compared to BeeJive...

or how about Cerulean Studio's Trillian Astra in the somewhat near future?
    10-03-2008 06:50 PM
    Cherryheaded Dude! That just gives us an excuse for IM Wars Episode II: Revenge of the Push!

Honestly though you should've waited until push notification was released to do an IM review. How the app works with push functionality will be the real test.
    10-04-2008 07:10 AM
    Thanks everyone for voting. Casey's now on the review, and we'll have our first winner posted here -- and another chance to win on the blogs (and here for the next app vs. app!) on Wednesday!
    10-05-2008 05:56 PM
    you should add the new voip application
    10-05-2008 10:36 PM
    Unfortunately, it's a bit late... But that just means we have an excuse for an eventual VOiP App vs. App!
    10-06-2008 01:13 PM
    Cherryheaded Dude! That just gives us an excuse for IM Wars Episode II: Revenge of the Push!
    Sweet! Keep up the good work.
    10-06-2008 04:17 PM
    So, who do i pm to recieve my winnings? I was looking forward to quitting my job. So make it something legit. Like an ovaltine decoder. Gotta Decipher this last bit. Must Drink More Ovalxxx
    10-06-2008 08:15 PM
    im confused.
    10-06-2008 10:55 PM
    I like cjvitek's idea... Compare Beejive to the best free IM
    02-11-2010 04:52 PM
    Why do you revive a year old thread?
    02-11-2010 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD