Is the iPhone your only mobile device?

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Are you using the iPhone only? Or you using 2 devices? I've only had the iPhone for a few days now and am still testing it out before sell off the BB. Thanks guys!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Right now the iPhone 3g is my only device I am currently using. That should change near the end of October with the release of the HTC Fuze aka Touch Pro. While the iPhone, in my opinion, is perfectly fine on it's own I just like a little variety.

Welcome to the forums!

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
Right now I have Treo 700p and iphone. I don't really need both, but I have a cheap plan with Sprint. Will likely to get the BB Storm from Verizon, by then I will give up the Treo. The HTC Touch Pro is nice. But I don't think I can handle 3 devices ($) :)

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I've been a BlackBerry user for a while. Just over 2 weeks ago I bought an iPhone and was using both (or trying to.) This past weekend I cancelled my BB data plan. So I'm only using the iPhone now. Having both phones wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. Besides, I just like the iPhone a lot more.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I use two because my company doesn't allow me to put the iPhone on my COU yet. I have a BB and iPhone. Soon it will be the Bold and the iPhone.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
I'm trying to work exclusively with the iPhone, but I carry a Blackjack II when I need real stability in phone calls and to tether.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Who am I, Dieter or Brian? How many phones do I need? One is enough, and the iPhone 3G replaced my iPod as well. Bonus!

I'm all about the convergence. If I could get turn-by-turn, buh-bye GPS.

If I could get 5MP, buh-bye camera.

(Listening, Apple?) ;)

patrickbballer

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
lol my old phones plan didnt end until 2009 so i deicided to just go ahead and get the iphone. and now i have two phones. ha ha. but w/e whenever i go somewhere where i dnt feel it is safe to carry around the best phone in the world, i take my other phone. actually turned out to be a possitive rather than a negative.

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
i'm leaning towards getting rid of my BB now after reading some of your responses. would love to hear more opinions. thanks everyone.

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I just switched to ATT so I would like to swap phones out now that I have the ability. Maybe have a phone for each day of the week!!! haha! But for now the budget suggests I just stick with my iPhone. So long story short (too late!) my iPhone is my daily driver.

iPilot#IM

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Still using Treo 650

I deactivated my service with Sprint on the same day I activated AT&T service for my iPhone. I was hoping to sell my Treo 650, but I still use it as a PDA because I haven't found a replacement for Palm Memos and Tasks. I use Notes on the iPhone, but it can get tedious without an alphabetical file system, find/search and copy/cut & paste. One workaround is to mail notes and keep files in Mail, but because the folders are downloaded from the cloud (MobileMe) I have to have a signal to access it. I use Ta-Da-List (web app) for bill paying, but again I have to have a signal. I have downloaded two apps (YouNote and EasyTask) to see if they could replace Memos and Tasks, but I have not tried them out yet. Any suggestions from former Treo users for Memos and Tasks replacement on the iPhone would be appreciated.

Other than that, I really like my iPhone (original).

My work provides me with a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition on Sprint. It was a little faster on the internet than my Treo, but overall I only like the Blackberry for messaging.

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
currently carrying trek 750 and iPhone. 750 is for work and has an extended battery also love the tethering option

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I echo Rene's sentiment about convergence. Whatever phone I carry, I expect it to be the ONLY phone I carry. And at the present time, it's the iPhone 3G. I don't have the $ or the pants pockets to be carrying 2, let alone, 3 devices (2 phones and MP3 player) - that's the beauty of the iPhone. I've been a vocal critic of both generations of iphone (on this forum AND Treocentral) so I know the iPhone has it's weaknesses/faults, but overall IT JUST WORKS for me. (I do miss the PIM features of my Treo though, but the iPhone is still the best overall phone right now)

As a side note, this is the first iPhone I've ever had and I'm not sure if I could ever leave the platform now; music is so important to me and having the iPod app. is such an essential feature now that any future phone I upgrade to will probably be future-gen. iPhones. Unless RIM releases something new and revolutionary (like the 1st iPhone) or if/when Android matures into something incredible...

skuwamoto

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
iPhone is my only mobile device, and I'm surprised at how much I use it. It has replaced my laptop for about 50% of my email, and 50% of my web surfing.

I know people who no longer take laptops on business trips because of it. Granted, all they do is light email, but still...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I switched to two devices just for having a little bit a variety. Picked up a Treo Pro to compliment my iPhone 3g.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox