go 3G iPhone! My only mobile device!
    11-09-2008 11:01 AM
    I carry the 3G and a the BB curve
    11-09-2008 11:38 AM
    Yezzir! The iPhone is my only device.
    11-10-2008 11:19 AM
    For day-to-day I carry just my iPhone 3G.

For long business trips (coast-to-coast flights) I also carry ... my deactivated original iPhone! Why? Because I like to rent and watch movies on the flights and I can easily watch 2 movies while crossing the U.S. and the 3G's battery is less than stellar and the screen isn't quite as good (reduced viewing angle). Now that my original iPhone has GSM/EDGE turned off, its battery life is even better. Anyway, it allows me to watch movies, play games, read eBooks, and listen to music for 8 hours+ and still arrive with my 3G close to fully charged.

I have a number of iPods, a couple WM phones, and some older WM PDAs, but I never take them anywhere any more.
    11-10-2008 11:25 AM
    rocking treo 750 and iphone 3g. this is because the treo is mostly for work but i love buttons and how it gets work done. little things like task reminders that pop up with the ability to snooze make my day with the treo.
    11-10-2008 06:38 PM
    Single phone for me, I cant be arsed to keep switching up SIMs.
    11-11-2008 12:31 PM
    I use the same sim. Just swap it between phones. I just put myself on the normal PDA plan.

I would like to do this as well. How do I do it. Which phone gets the main number and sim card that I want to use?

I would like to get the Fuze and switch back and forth for variety - Can you walk me through it? The Store Reps say data will not work if I try.
    11-12-2008 08:02 AM
    I would like to do this as well. How do I do it. Which phone gets the main number and sim card that I want to use?

I would like to get the Fuze and switch back and forth for variety - Can you walk me through it? The Store Reps say data will not work if I try.
    Don't even bother to tell the reps what you want to do. Simply upgrade to the Fuze or other phone, get on the unlimited PDA plan and whatever messaging plan you wish. When that's done you are free to move the sim back and forth. The only thing that will not work on the iPhone 3g is visual voicemail. Your voicemail will work just like every other phone. That is it.
    11-12-2008 08:32 AM
    Yes...switched from BB 8320...never looked back!
    11-13-2008 08:40 PM
    I carry my iPhone 3g and a BB 8310-
    I don't think I'm gonna give up my bb it's just more conveniant at times
    11-14-2008 02:14 PM
    umm yes it's my only phone there is nothing else I would want my hands to hold and I think they would agree that the iPhone 3g Is by far the best mobile device out there.
    11-14-2008 05:49 PM
    umm yes it's my only phone there is nothing else I would want my hands to hold and I think they would agree that the iPhone 3g Is by far the best mobile device out there.
    The more devices that I try out the more I stand behind a statement like yours.
    11-14-2008 11:06 PM
    Its the only one I carry on me everyday
    11-20-2008 08:56 AM
    iPhone...and samsung a517 just in case
    11-20-2008 10:26 AM
    Well I bought the Blackberry Bold on Saturday and sold my iPhone on Sunday night for $300. Basically $100 profit. I was always a Blackberry user, but had both a Curve and iPhone. But once I got the Bold it fulfilled all my needs as far as mobile phones are concerned. Couldn't stand to sell my iPhone but I'm a Blackberry guy at heart and the little quirks of the iPhone just amount to too much for me to just keep the iPhone.
    11-25-2008 05:53 PM
    Well poo-poo on you-you!
    You'll be back! Around June/July I imagine.
    11-25-2008 06:16 PM
    I had the bold.................... was bored after a week. have fun with that one.
    11-25-2008 06:18 PM
    Figured I'd get responses like that....
    11-25-2008 06:22 PM
    We still love ya Poe- just dissapointed in the choices you've made. LOL- that was the most common used phrase by my parents when I was in high school! Damn now I'm just like them... LOL
    11-25-2008 07:53 PM
    iPhone only. Don't need clutter and disarray in my life.
    11-27-2008 08:55 AM
    Figured I'd get responses like that....
    I also had a Bold as a second device, and while I will admit it is a very solid device, the iPhone has spoiled me. So in the end it was not worth it to me and I returned it. But good luck and enjoy!
    11-27-2008 09:18 AM
    My iPhone is the only phone I carry but I usually have my 80GB iPod with me as well.
    11-29-2008 01:35 PM
    It's just the iPhone for me. It handles all my homework, scheduling, alarm clock, etc. I even have my textbooks scanned to PDF files by chapter and synced with the rest of my school files automatically with allway sync and AirSharing. It's enough to keep me out of the computer labs when I'm on campus. Well, until I need to edit a file...can't wait for apps to go!
    11-29-2008 03:25 PM
    My iPhone the only device that I carry and the only one I plan to carry. Convergance is the whole reason I got a smartphone years ago. So I would not have to carry two devices. I don't even take my laptop any more on short trips.

The only other device that I keep handy, charged up, and synced up is my Palm T5. I use that as a backup in case anything bad were to happen to my iPhone. That way I would still have my contact info available to me until my phone got fixed. Almost learned that one the hard way once with my old Treo.
    11-30-2008 08:36 AM
    When I had my 1st gen iPhone, I used to carry my iPod around with me to listen to my music as the phone was only 8Gb and I've got a huge music library, plus, I didn't have any games on my iPhone. Now I've got a 3G iPhone, I rarely take my iPod with me as I've got everything I need on my phone. Okay, not all my music is on there but if I want to listen to something that's not on my phone, I can access the rest of my music (or most of it) via SugarSync or Simplify. It's certainly cut down the number of gadgets/headphones that I carry round with me. Go iPhone!!
    11-30-2008 11:26 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD