Adobe Flash to come to the iPhone...

gizmodiva

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Adobe Flash would be coming to the iPhone soon...Flash for the iPhone will be a closed platform and that once Apple decides it?s go time, we will see a Flash player for the mobile phone very soon. This will mean that websites designed in Flash will be available for viewing on the iPhone. This has been one of the biggest complaint?s regarding what the device lacks...However, since most mobile phones do not have very speedy processors, Flash may seriously bog down the iPhone?s performance. But, I guess we?ll just have to wait and see how it handles with some of the more Flash-intensive sites out there...

skuwamoto

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I don't see any technical reason why Adobe couldn't build a version of Flash Player that works well on the iPhone. They have been building versions for other mobile companies such as Nokia, etc., and they all run with adequate performance, although functionality differs depending on how beefy the hardware is.

(full disclosure -- I worked at Macromedia/Adobe for 10+ years, although I am no longer there)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711