hi,

this is my first post and apologies if this has already been covered.

My question is regards email notification on the iPhone. I have all my settings for push mail but so far am only able to receive new mail if the mail app is open on the phone. Am I missing something here?

cheers,
    Dean
    09-28-2008 09:44 AM
    Welcome to the forums, You can find that others are having or did have issues similar to you. Seems like MobileMe push is a bit shaky after the 2.1 update. Sometimes it works fine...other times... well you know.
    09-28-2008 10:07 AM
    I'm on the opposite end; MobileMe Push seems to be working fine, but Gmail Fetch is busted
    09-29-2008 09:26 PM
    I'm on the opposite end; MobileMe Push seems to be working fine, but Gmail Fetch is busted
    Happy to report MobileMe push is not working pretty well... for now. Why don't you forward your Gmail to your MobileMe account?
    09-29-2008 09:27 PM
    Works okay here. Try resetting your iPhone.
    10-15-2008 05:24 PM
    Works okay here. Try resetting your iPhone.
    he'd be lucky if that works. mobileme has more issues than anything. for MOST people.
    10-20-2008 02:19 PM
    I disappeared off to mail2web for a couple of weeks when mobileme was playing up for push email...

A couple of days ago mail2web went completely down the tubes, so I started using mobileme again (still on my free trial) and it SEEMS to be working perfectly at the moment...

Considering going with SherWeb though - just can't think of what domain name to go for
    10-20-2008 03:28 PM
    I disappeared off to mail2web for a couple of weeks when mobileme was playing up for push email...

A couple of days ago mail2web went completely down the tubes, so I started using mobileme again (still on my free trial) and it SEEMS to be working perfectly at the moment...

Considering going with SherWeb though - just can't think of what domain name to go for
    The domain is always the hardest part!
    10-20-2008 04:52 PM
    The domain is always the hardest part!
    EXACTLY!
    my name .net is free, but it seems a bit pretentious to have an email address of
    "mail@firstnamesurname.net" or something like that...

I'm not a multi national
    10-20-2008 06:15 PM
    MobileMe works perfectly fine for a lot of people now
    11-21-2008 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD